SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Update 6: Dream Team Selection Camp
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter and Archery - Update 6: Dream Team Selection Camp Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
This is fantastic to read. Huge congrats to her for making it this far. I've finally read up on all that it means, the Dream Team Programs. I've passed that range a couple times a year for the past few years but will try to visit. Possibly camp for a few days, recharge & relax.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy reading about Maya's accomplishments - whether she's breaking records or otherwise. Great stuff 200Z, and many thanks for posting these uplifting updates.

And of course... Go Maya! Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Rock and Roll!

Go Maya!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
The very best of luck to your girl and you too poppa!

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Love reading this. Keep it up, Maya.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to add "Strategy" to the list of things Maya does well! Big Grin

Keep it going, young lady... You're making us all proud of you for doing your best!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
And the Mayaism of the morning. I was trying to psyche her up a little this morning. I told her to remember that she's shooting on her home field. Her response,

"Yeah dad, so were the confederates."

Dammit, this is what happens when you lose the War of Northern Education. Big Grin

Good luck to Maya!

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update at top.

Thank you for that! Cool
Being able to keep up with your daughter's dreams, accomplishments and conquests through this forum is quite a blessing.

So many times, all we hear about is the screwups in our country's youth.
VERY nice to hear about the ones who are raised right and what they are achieving through hard work, good coaching and a lot of self discipline.

GO MAYA!!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Eagerly awaiting the results of the final day!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Yep, add me to Eddie, and all the others waiting to hear the news!

Making the Team on the first try would be out-freaking-Standing!

... but just being there, participating with heart and vigor, and showing class during the whole procedure is what makes Maya a "Winner" in my book!

So once more: YOU GO GIRL!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too await the news! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the BEST part of it all! Thank you for sharing. Best of luck you Miss Maya.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
2000Z-71, God bless you and your daughter!

It's great to participate vicariously through your posts. I hope Maya knows she has a lot of people cheering for her, hoping for the best for her.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Truly great news about a truly great young lady!

Go Maya!

And I am also in should there be a fund arrangement.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Update at top.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
All I can say is, "WOW!"

The fact that Maya overcame the distraction of the screw-up by the team of not communicating the different way the lead-off girl was going to shoot, kept her head together and did the best she could in the 17 seconds left for her effort is remarkable for someone of her age. Then to KEEP it together and be able to finish as the team did shows that your club's coaching environment is producing some remarkable young archers... Good for you all!

Shooting 10 points better on the final day, while still showing the expected improvement in "coachability" and form knocks it out of the park (excuse the mixed metaphor! Wink)

I'll be wearing out my Refresh Button the next few days until this little saga is nicely finished and in the books!

Wonderful Job, Maya!

Don

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
quote:

This is the BEST part of it all! Thank you for sharing. Best of luck you Miss Maya.

Now, that's a magazine cover! Or should be.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Gotta' hand it to the kid after a week of shooting a metric crap ton of arrows, she decided to shoot the fundraiser tournament that our home club is putting on this weekend. It's a money tournament, there is no youth division so she's shooting against the adults. We hadn't planned on it, figured she needed a rest after this week. She's in 3rd after the first round today.

Then afterwards she decided that she wanted to retune her bow for her fat indoor arrows. She's determined to win her division tomorrow and wants every advantage. So more time shooting and tuning this afternoon getting her bow set for indoor season.

I've never seen a level of commitment and work ethic from her like this. If she makes the team, gets invited as an alternate or doesn't make it, it's been a phenomenal experience for her to build on.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Update at top.
Regardless of the outcome, it sounds like a great week for Maya - made friends, received world class instruction, held her own against the best, and maintained a great attitude.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post