SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kroger/Alibaba. vs. Amazon ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kroger/Alibaba. vs. Amazon ? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I been hearing about a possible merger of Kroger with Alibaba. Alibaba seems to be a Chinese ecommerce company. It's being pitched as competition to Amazon as Amazon may begin selling grocery products. I've only seen other items on Alibaba and with that name, I rather thought them to be Arabic. One thing I do know is I dont want Chinese made groceries. And, I hope a merger never changes the quality that is Krogers.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
The Chinese have had limited success getting their food stuffs on US shelves, as the grocers are afraid of the liability of selling contaminated products

I think this is China trying to find a way to force into the market

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping there is no truth to this rumor. I really like Kroger.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

I’ll second that

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think that'd be about the end of my shopping at Kroger.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

I’ll second that

Third.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think if Krogers was to join forces with Alibaba and, as I've read, they may well acquire overstock.com, it would be along the lines of competeing with Amazon for general comodities. I dont believe and hope Krogers would not stock Chinese food products.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to counterfeit Oreos. Wonder what meet will be in the Dinty Moore?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Seems appropriate. Most Krogers I’ve been in we’re dumps so the hideous Chinese crap would be a seamless transition.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Looking forward to counterfeit Oreos. Wonder what meet will be in the Dinty Moore?
You mean Squinty Moore?

I'll go hang my head in shame now for that anti-PC joke.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Wonder what meat will be in the Dinty Moore?

Recycled

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Seems appropriate. Most Krogers I’ve been in we’re dumps so the hideous Chinese crap would be a seamless transition.

So you must have been in the one in Jonesboro Ga.
That place sucks,staff sucks,place is getto nasty.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
...Wonder what meat will be in the Dinty Moore?

Recycled

Soylent Green.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post