SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    i love judge judy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i love judge judy Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_7p8LWbp8qM

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For those of us who are hearing impaired, is there a captioned version available?

Or a transcript?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
For those of us who are hearing impaired, is there a captioned version available?

Or a transcript?

How to turn on captions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Taarb7T7gA4

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

How to turn on captions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Taarb7T7gA4
That works if there is a "CC" icon along the bottom of the window. Some youtube videos have this, but many do not. There is no "CC" icon on this particular video, which is why I asked the question: Is there a version available that does have the "CC" icon? If so, a link to it would be good. Or a transcript.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Her show...
... well it's entertainment, with paid participants, that being said...

I used to watch her all the time and liked her, but I honestly believe now she has gotten senile as she has aged.

Often prejudging, cutting off testimony before the facts are presented and yelling and screeching at the participants etc. very unprofessional and simply getting it wrong a lot of the time, IMO. (She didn't used to be that way)

I still watch all the other "Judge" shows at times but simply can't stand her any more.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
She's getting testier now but I always watch her. I like how her mind thinks.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Her show...
... well it's entertainment, with paid participants, that being said...

I used to watch her all the time and liked her, but I honestly believe now she has gotten senile as she has aged.

Often prejudging, cutting off testimony before the facts are presented and yelling and screeching at the participants etc. very unprofessional and simply getting it wrong a lot of the time, IMO. (She didn't used to be that way)

I still watch all the other "Judge" shows at times but simply can't stand her any more.

I agree completely. Basically the same as I was going to post. She decides who is wrong and simply won’t listen to their testimony.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing her doing an interview with Wm. Shatner on his show. She was putting herself forward as a champion of truth justice and the American way; when she said she CHEATED on her ( I think) physics exam .

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhktNOx_Le4
That one works. Thank you!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy who once sold syndicated shows to local tv stations. He hit a home run with Judge Judy, but said it was a hard sell at first. Try to explain the show's concept when it was new.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhktNOx_Le4
That one works. Thank you!

You’re welcome, it’s the shortened version, but I think it gets the point across that the OP was trying to make.

On another note, I recently read that the bailiff on her show makes $1 million a year!

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
She's an entertainer, not an impartial judge (no one would care to watch a real judge). I believe she's also the current highest paid entertainer, if I remember correctly she gets $43,000,000/yr for her nonsense.

But it's where a good % of the public gain their knowledge about the law. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I believe she's also the current highest paid entertainer, if I remember correctly she gets $43,000,000/yr for her nonsense.

Uhhh, excuse me?

Wow.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I was wrong. I just Googled "What is Judge Judy's salary". It could be even more by now.

quote:

"In July 2010 when Sheindlin's contract was renewed, her salary increased to $45 million per year. It was later reported in October 2013 that Sheindlin is the highest-paid TV star, earning $47 million per year for Judge Judy, which translates into just over $900,000 per workday (she works 52 days per year).
Net worth: $400 million"

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post