SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tucker Carlson and Lansing, Michigan mayor Virgil Bernardo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucker Carlson and Lansing, Michigan mayor Virgil Bernardo Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Just listen to this pandering fuckstick. Watch the entire clip.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/538...2001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keeping the people safe:

"Lansing, Michigan, moved from the #8 most dangerous city between 100,000-200,000 last year to #4 this year. Lansing had a 6 percent increase in its violent crime rate, most of which appears to be from an increase in aggravated assaults."

Good job Mayor.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Immigration enforcement to "white, male privilege?"

Wag the dog I guess. Not a coherent argument for the mayor.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Of course it would never be poor leadership from an inept mayor.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Not a coherent argument for the mayor.
Not even a coherent argument for a sixth grader.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And to think he ran for governor a few years back.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
didn't last long

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...from-businesses.html

The city council in Lansing, Mich. voted Wednesday to rescind its decision to deem itself a "sanctuary" city for illegal immigrants after concerns from the businesses that the status would draw unwelcome attention to the city.

The term "sanctuary city" generally refers to jurisdictions that do not cooperate with U.S. immigration officials. Under Lansing city policy, police don't ask for people's immigration status, except as required by U.S. or Michigan law or a court order.

Council members voted 5-2 to reverse last week's 6-0 vote to give the city "sanctuary" status . Immigration advocates in the crowd called called council members "spineless" and said "you're all losing your seats."

The dispute comes as several cities are battling President Donald Trump's promised crackdown on places that block cooperation between their police departments and U.S. immigration authorities. The Trump administration has warned that sanctuary cities could lose federal money for refusing to cooperate with immigration authorities.

After last week's vote, council members received a letter from the Lansing Regional Chamber and Michigan Chamber of Commerce urging them to remove references to "sanctuary city" from its resolution.

"Lansing is a diverse community, rich with history and culture. It's what makes our city a welcoming destination to live, work and thrive," the business groups' letter says. "Recent actions of City Council, whether intended or not, have placed an unnecessary target on the City of Lansing while jeopardizing millions of dollars in federal funding that impacts the city budget."

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Lordamercy! Where do these buffoons come from?

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Virg is comic gold. He ran for Governor a couple cycles back.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Lansing wants to be like Ann Arbor.
I liked fat chick on last night. Throw her a hoho

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:

Too many I fear experimented with mind altering substances during their formative years.....

Bernero's saving grace is that he is the Mayor of a city that just happens to be the state Capitol.Put him in charge of Flint, Saginaw, Bay City and he would fall flat on his face.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:

Too many I fear experimented with mind altering substances during their formative years....
I think a great many are no longer just experimenting with them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Lansing is a diverse community, rich with history and culture. It's what makes our city a welcoming destination to live, work and thrive," the business groups' letter says. "Recent actions of City Council, whether intended or not, have placed an unnecessary target on the City of Lansing while jeopardizing millions of dollars in federal funding that impacts the city budget."

Money sure can motivate, can't it?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
He must have relatives in Stockholm.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Hizzoner is freaking incoherent

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Recent actions of City Council, whether intended or not, have placed an unnecessary target on the City of Lansing while jeopardizing millions of dollars in federal funding that impacts the city budget."

So much for their principles.

Posts: 27945 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post