New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Fryer Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Anyone have and can recommend an air fryer?

I'm interested in one, if it's not just a gimmick that will end up at the curb. I've looked at a few YouTube videos and am intrigued by cooking without a lot of oil, it might really be a healthier way to prepare meals. Thanks.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
Ive got a Gourmia GAF355 from Amazon that has been working really well for French fries. Haven't put anything else in yet but going to try some onions and other veggies soon

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Imma Air Fryer you plick.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will call my family this evening and see what they have.

I could not believe it when my father told me they got one and he uses it religiously for everything.

That coming from a man who grills (well used too) everything during any type of weather.

My father cooks chicken, steak, bratwurst, pork chops, etc.. in them.

I haven't heard him that excited about anything in double digit years. I swear he sounded like one of those infomercials.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Imma Air Fryer you plick.

that's a Socata Trinidad airplane.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
good one

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ours went to the garage.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
It's a stand alone convection oven. If you have a convection setting on your oven you already have an "Air Fryer"

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We were given a Philips Viva Collection HD 9220 about two years ago at Christmas. It makes killer chips and wings-
It's still going and does a great job. Only downside I can see with it is the small basket size. Amazon gives it a 67% rating.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Costco about a month ago. It was no improvement over our convection oven. Quantity was too small to feed 2 people without cooking twice.

It went back.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea on the air fryer but I have to suggest you look into an Instant Pot if you're looking for a healthy way to prepare fast, very flavorful meals. I've been listening to my family members and friends go on and on about them. The 20k+ reviews are right. The hype is completely real. It's even a good story how it came to be.
I found one on Amazon during Cyber Monday sales and we've made chicken thighs and yellow saffron rice, pork chops and potatoes with sauteed red pepper. Just got it a few days ago and the food is amazing with very little learning curve.

So basically the Instant Pot has ~5-10 useful features. It replaces several devices and puts them into one. I got this Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9 in 1 for around $80.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigeinkcmo,

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a T Fla air fryer. Works great, we use it a lot.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the Phillips Air Fryer XL. It will cook a whole chicken to absolute perfection.

We also have a 5 year old convection oven—doesn’t come close to achieving the super juicy meat, with awesome crispy skin like the air fryer.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post