SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Firearms Insurance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearms Insurance Login/Join 
posted
It’s been about ten years since I had my firearms appraised at State Farm request to establish the basis of value for the coverage. I’ve since purchased additional firearms and I assume the ones I have increased in value.

What do members here do for coverage and maintaining periodic reviews? I’m now a home renter rather than owner.

Ten years ago it cost ~$300 for the appraiser by a LGS. Not sure which is the best approach, a LGS offering the service or private party and where/how to find someone. Bringing everything to a LGS would seem not the best way to go about it and if I remember correctly, he came out to my place.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently went through the NRA. best price I could find

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
recent thread on this:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0066024?r=2730017024

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I may have to finally add a binder to cover what I now own.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
What is your best guess value of your holdings?

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been using Core-Vens for years. About $300 a year. It is through Travelers. Far less costly than a rider on my homeowners

Core-Vens & Company, Inc.
2301 N. 2nd Street
Clinton, IA 52732
(563)242-5423 Ph
(563)242-5242 Fax

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
NRA. Agreed value 15k cost 150 year (If I remember right) idk what will happen if just one was stolen.
I didn't have to register any of them.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
It’s been about ten years since I had my firearms appraised at State Farm request to establish the basis of value for the coverage. I’ve since purchased additional firearms and I assume the ones I have increased in value.

What do members here do for coverage and maintaining periodic reviews? I’m now a home renter rather than owner.

Ten years ago it cost ~$300 for the appraiser by a LGS. Not sure which is the best approach, a LGS offering the service or private party and where/how to find someone. Bringing everything to a LGS would seem not the best way to go about it and if I remember correctly, he came out to my place.

What information did you have to share w/ State Farm? Just the total value or a listing of the firearms? Personally, I'm not sure I'd be excited about giving them much (if any) information...

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post