SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New York Times’ Hatchet Job On Devin Nunes Is Riddled With Errors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New York Times’ Hatchet Job On Devin Nunes Is Riddled With Errors Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
The New York Times article is riddled with errors that multiple sources publicly deny. It fails to include information easily found in the public record.

Mollie Hemingway
Federalist

Jason Zengerle publicly announced his profile of Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., in today’s New York Times Sunday Magazine with the snarky tweet, “My latest for the @NYTmag on Devin Nunes, who’s been propagating, not to mention falling for, conspiracy theories since before the Deep State was even in a gleam in Donald Trump’s eye.”

It’s an accurate summation of the hit he attempted to place on Nunes, the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). The only problem is the case he attempts to make is riddled with errors and full of embarrassing and deliberate material omissions.

[The article goes on a some length, lots of details, at the link]

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The Left has become proficient at deception by distortion. It is a skill developed over generations of practice.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Left has become proficient at deception by distortion. It is a skill developed over generations of practice.

Some days that's all they have.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
New York Times and Riddled With Errors is redundant. Smile (And many of the "errors" are intentional).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You think the NYT really cares? They will say "hey everybody in this business does it."

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More of the same. They've past into the lunatic fringe a long time ago.:

quote:
MSNBC analyst to Dem rep: Has Nunes been compromised by the Russians?

"Congressman Nunes, your chairman, it is suggested not by me but by people who follow these matters closely, could possibly be someone who’s been compromised by the Russians. Is that something you consider a possibility?”
http://thehill.com/homenews/me...ised-by-the-russians

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marue
posted Hide Post
I am very glad that Mollie took the time to pen this article. I just wish that more people would read these types of fact check rebuttals and the original stories had to be retracted and corrected. Sadly, we all know that that will never happen.

Posts: 386 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Love the last line.

“If people assume every sentence they read in The New York Times is either outright false or hopelessly biased, they’ll still be granting the Times too much credit.”

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Love the last line.

“If people assume every sentence they read in The New York Times is either outright false or hopelessly biased, they’ll still be granting the Times too much credit.”

Right on! Mollie Hemingway is on the Fox News Special Report panel several days each week, and she's equally effective on the air.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post