SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need computer help — Sigforum not displaying correctly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need computer help — Sigforum not displaying correctly Login/Join 
Picture of arflattop
posted
I am running a Windows 7 based PC for my main computer with multiple iPads. Two days ago my PC stopped displaying Sigforum correctly. The logo page is ok, but the rest have no color and bizarre formatting. It looks vaguely like paragraphs.

All other websites are displaying correctly, and the iPads display correctly. I must have done something in Windows to affect this forum, but I can’t figure it out.

Can you help me fix this issue? Thanks!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Do you hear the Twilight Zone in the background at the same time?

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Did you zoom in on the page? Have you tried a different web browser? Firefox or Chrome? In FF, at the far right hand side of the address bar is how far zoomed in you are...is it 100% or something else?

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The Outer Limits.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I had something similar happen with my laptop. The tab that opened when I started Firefox was fine, but every other tab that I opened would be nigh-unreadable.

Basic troubleshooting 101: simplest solution first. Clear your browsing and search history, internet cache, and offline website data.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn’t mention the browser is the current version of IE. I haven’t made any changes to the computer, new programs, updates, etc. As for the music, though...

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ this ... clear history and cache. It fixes 90% of browser issues. Restart after clearing.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I cleared the history and cache and rebooted. I must be in the 90%, as all is well!

Thanks for the help.

JPFO Life Member