SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

That is true it doesn’t take long to change brightness. I just like to have the light on my nightstand to be on high brightness so if something goes bump in the night I have my desired brightness with one click. I am not going to boycott them if I have to click 3-4 times to get to desired brightness. All of my normal use of their flash is on the lowest setting.

This is exactly why I only buy new flashlights if they have the control ring for brightness and an on/off button. That way if it's on your nightstand and you need to just go to the bathroom you can dial it down so you don't blind yourself with the initial burst. If you are out in the garage ready to go for a walk at night give it a twist to full brightness and turn it on. You can also easily dial it in anywhere in between.

I just ended up with too many lights with different interfaces and you forget how each one works if you don't use them all the time. It feels like you're always figuring out how to change the brightness levels. A control ring works the same on every light.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Mine landed on my front doorstep last night (Thursday). I took it to work today to test it out.

My duty flashlight is a Fenix PD35, which maxes out at 1000 lumens on turbo. Love it as a duty light, but carrying it off duty fills up my pants pocket too much since that's also where I put my spare P365 magazine.

This E30R is an inch and a half shorter, which makes it fit much easier in my pants pocket. Having 1600 lumens is a big plus. I don't mind the one-button control, and the magnetic charging button is actually a nice feature.

I really like it---it's a keeper.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I just got mine Thursday evening. I really like it and actually don't mind that it starts on the lowest setting since I will use the lowest 2 settings 99% of the time. I'm hoping the rechargeable battery lasts a long time being drained and recharged, but we will see.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
I just got mine Thursday evening. I really like it and actually don't mind that it starts on the lowest setting since I will use the lowest 2 settings 99% of the time. I'm hoping the rechargeable battery lasts a long time being drained and recharged, but we will see.

I agree with this. It will be very rare for me to go to full turbo. That and the fact that when you use strobe it automatically goes to turbo. The single button issue is really non-existent.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Resistance is futile........hey Texans:

https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...X2lkIjogImQ5MzdyWSJ9

Are you from the great state of Texas? If the answer is yes, then this PD35 TAC is specially designed for you! We have partnered with Brothers in Arms Tulsa to bring you this one of a kind Texas Flag Cerakote finish flashlight. This Elite Edition PD35 TAC puts out 1000 lumens of output and is powered by a single rechargeable 18650 battery. It includes all the features that you know and love from the original PD35 TAC including the sturdy holster and lanyard. Now is the time to get a flashlight that shows your Texas state pride. This limited edition Texas Flag cerakote will only be available for a limited time.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
∆∆∆∆∆

Damn StormanNorman, you're screwed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
∆∆∆∆∆

Damn StormanNorman, you're screwed.

Oh crap....great!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Got mine a few days ago. While I do prefer a separate switch for brightness (and also a tailcap switch for on/off), the brightness and ease of recharging it make it a worthwhile device.

I'm carrying it daily so we will see how it holds up.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
So my switch was bumped enough in my pocket to turn it on and apparently cycle to turbo. Noticed it was on and when I went to grab it, it was really hot. Then I noticed the next day, it appears the lense burnt a little. This is at least the second time it was turned on by accident. Previously, I noticed it on and turned it off. A couple days later I went to use it and it was dead. I have now rotated my pocket clip to cover the button to help prevent accidentally turning it on.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
So my switch was bumped enough in my pocket to turn it on and apparently cycle to turbo. Noticed it was on and when I went to grab it, it was really hot. Then I noticed the next day, it appears the lense burnt a little. This is at least the second time it was turned on by accident. Previously, I noticed it on and turned it off. A couple days later I went to use it and it was dead. I have now rotated my pocket clip to cover the button to help prevent accidentally turning it on.

Rotate the belt clip so that it is just to the right of the button and it will protect it from accidently turning on plus it makes it easy to find it in the dark. Works like a champ.

Here is a photo to show what I'm talking about:

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

Rotate the belt clip so that it is just to the right of the button and it will protect it from accidently turning on plus it makes it easy to find it in the dark. Works like a champ.

Jim

That's a better idea. With the clip covering most of the button, it was a little hard to turn on. I'll try it like that for awhile and see how it works for me.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Well bringing this back to life. My battery seems to die quickly. Anyone else having this issue? I charged it up Thursday night into Friday morning. Checked it Friday and Saturday morning just to make sure it was charged and got the green light. Today, Sunday morning, I checked it and it was completely dead. I didn't use it and have been keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get accidentally activated. Maybe a week or so ago, I charged it up and went to use it like 5 or 6 days later and it was completely dead. That was actually why I checked it every morning this weekend. Not sure if just the battery sucks or its draining itself somehow...

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Haven't had any battery issues. Mine is still charged and I haven't carried it in weeks.

Stopped carrying it due to the 1 button system. Often I struggle just to get it to turn on in normal mode. Always wants to strobe....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
No issues with mine. I use it when I take the dogs out mostly and can’t recall when I charged it last. I rarely get above the second level of brightness though.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post