SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone watching Golf? Phil is having a VERY rough day....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching Golf? Phil is having a VERY rough day.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Contending for 2nd but past 3 holes have seen drives end up in woods/weeds/etc.

Announcers are making jokes about it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
He' spending more time in the woods than the squirrels.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
He' spending more time in the woods than the squirrels.

Next drive coming up. He needs something solid here to get his head straight.

To add -

That Ace by Thomas was BOSS! How the hell did that not jump out of the hole?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Never cared that much for cow pasture pool.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This is one of the craziest rounds I have ever watched.

D. Johnson's ball gotten eaten by a tree and he had to eat a point and rehit. A minute after he rehit, the damn ball fell out of the tree.

Sheesh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
looks like he's making a come back, typical Phil. Smile

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, Ronin. If you think it's exciting enough to post here, then it must be.

With regards to Phil, maybe time is catching up to him? How many years until he has to graduate to the seniors' tour?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Still a putting fool!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
With regards to Phil, maybe time is catching up to him? How many years until he has to graduate to the seniors' tour?

I would think it will be sooner than later, he's got to be close to 50 by now.

Top 3 in this tourny have been going back and forth all day. I'll be sure to turn in tomorrow for the conclusion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Only 2 strokes back with 2 holes to play in today's round.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
3 birds in a row. Not too shabby for an old dude Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This round for Phil is why he is so much fun to watch. I can't get enough of the guy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Phil is just being Phil.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Somewhat unrelated, this is a big tournament in Mexico because the PGA pulled it from legendary Doral, a course with generations of history and memories. Of course that's Donal Trump's Doral and the PGA got spooked and pulled the tournament out.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Phil is 46.

He is always an entertaining golfer. He likes to go for it. He doesn't usually play safe.

Plus he is a good guy - generous and gracious with fans.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
FIGJAM!
He seems like a genuine guy in some longish interviews I've heard
Some guys just can't handle his trash talking

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phil is 46.

As am I and I don't feel old but as far as the rigors of being a professional athlete, he is past his prime. I always found myself pulling for him because he was the anti Tiger. Genuinely good guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I watch golf almost every weekend.
I did not watch this weekend, I wanted to see The Doral.
At my house, it was a two person boycott.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
FIGJAM!
He seems like a genuine guy in some longish interviews I've heard
Some guys just can't handle his trash talking

They played a clip from Feherty's upcoming show with Mickelson. Dave asked Phil about his reputation as a trash talker, is he the best? Phil said he doesn't hold a candle to Matt Kuchar.

Phil showed up on the driving range sporting alligator shoes and matching belt, both in Augusta green. As Phil said, he looked tight!

Matt looked at the shoes and said "What are THOSE?!" Phil said you have to own three green jackets to get a pair.

Without a beat, Matt said "Let's hope I only win two".
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Seeing Phis wild off the tee wasn't a surprise...it's Phil. It's entertaining and exciting but frustrating too.
He has a such a killer short game but some of those tee shots - ugh!
His miss to the left off the tee has haunted him for years. You would think a guy with his talent could figure out how to not block it under pressure after all these years.

John Rahm is a talent on fire right now. He hit a few poorly judged distance shots dead on line that kept him from winning but he seems to be legit. It will be interesting to see what the majors bring out or expose in his game.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post