SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Danny Trejo (Machete, Heat, From Dusk 'til Dawn) steps up to help car accident victims
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Danny Trejo (Machete, Heat, From Dusk 'til Dawn) steps up to help car accident victims Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The guy seems really down to Earth. Yes, I'm sure his politics are on the left, but I'd still shake his hand.

MA-CHET-TAY!!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He's always had my respect. His life is quite the story. He's done prison time, including boxing while he was in, but turned his life around and is a serious entrepreneur as well as an actor. God bless this 70-something man for jumping into the accident scene to help.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a lot of people would have backed off when they smelled gasoline fumes.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Bravo!

I also like how when the reporter asked him how he feels knowing that he possibly helped saved that boy's life, he didn't go all "ah, shucks, ma'am; twern't nothing" and instead said how he really feels which was great. And he should.

And I just have to laugh...even in real life the man never wears a shirt! Haha

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a real deal honest guy. We don't have enough of them around anymore.

Good on him for stepping up.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
75 years old. No one would have faulted the man if he had simply taken out his cellphone, called 911 and waited for the cops and FD to show up.

BTW, I was unaware until today that he's related to Robert Rodriguez (El Mariachi, et al).

posted Hide Post
According to the video, looks like he lives in the area and loves old cars. From the looks of it, he’s working on a mid 30s Ford with flathead V8. My dad has a 36 pickup.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve always enjoyed Trejo’s acting, and this incident shows he is a class act to boot.

quote:
Yes, I'm sure his politics are on the left

From what I’ve seen on the web, he thinks the wall is futile because it will be circumvented but does feel we need tighter border security. I’m glad to see that at least.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
If you're in LA and feel like supporting him, he has several very tasty taco stands here in town. And apparently an excellent donut stand as well.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The man has always struck me as a class act. Someone who grew up on a bad path who actually, genuinely turned his life around. I’ve seen a few interviews with him and he had my respect before. I don’t think it’s going too far to say I admire him now, especially given what seems to be his taste in cars. Well done, Mr. Trejo.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Way to go Danny!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see a bad-ass actor is kind of a bad-ass in real life. Stepping up like that takes guts. I also love seeing an ex-con make good.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I had no idea he was 75 years old, way to go Danny.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post