SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Problems with ATT.net or sbcglobal.net email?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with ATT.net or sbcglobal.net email? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Problems with ATT.net email?

I have an sbcglobal email address which was linked to yahoo.
As of today, I'm getting yahoo email but not sbcglobal.net email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've been having problems getting into my att.net email from my laptop, but not from my desktop or cellphone. Confused. Confused

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Mine is working okay both through the Yahoo web mail and direct download.

I'm still amazed Att is still using Yahoo as their mail server. As big as they are it would seem they'd just put in some servers and offer up their own email system.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
No issues with my account on either the computer or my phone.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Mine is working okay (N. St. Louis County).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Huh. My issue must be pretty localized.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Correction/update.

Early last night my bride reported problems with sending and receiving email through the sbcglobal address on her apple computer, it's asking for her password but not taking it. Mail works fine on her iPhone.

Restarting seems to have fixed the problem on the computer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I have been having problems for the last week or so with two different ones.
Windows recently did two critical updates and I think that was at least one of my problems. Some of the settings on one of my accounts seemed to change by itself.
The other one needed to have one of the more complex passwords applied but I don't recall them notifying me of that. A week of pulling my hair out and I seem to be mostly ok now.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Ameritech accounts work fine.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
My sbcglobal.net is working okay today, but over the last month I've had problems with it on the 'puter, but the iOS version worked fine. ??

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post