SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AETNA leaving Obamacare Exchanges Next Year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AETNA leaving Obamacare Exchanges Next Year Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
When will the Congress admit Obamacare failed?

quote:

Aetna to Completely Pull Out of ObamaCare Exchanges by 2018

By Brittany De Lea Published May 10, 2017

Health insurance company Aetna (AET) announced Wednesday it will completely withdraw from the ObamaCare marketplace in 2018, a decision Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price perceived as a sign of continued instability in the health care sector under the Affordable Care Act.

“Aetna’s decision to completely withdraw from the ObamaCare exchanges adds to the mountain of evidence that ObamaCare has failed the American people. Repealing and replacing it with patient-centered solutions that stabilize the marketplace to bring down costs and increase choices is the only solution,” Price said late Wednesday.

The company will not offer insurance plans in Delaware or Nebraska, the remaining two states where it was slated to provide coverage under the Affordable Care Act next year.

“At this time [we] have completely exited the exchanges,” Aetna said in a statement to FOX Business.

In April Aetna said it would not participate on the state exchanges in Virginia next year and last week committed to pulling out of Iowa Opens a New Window. . In 2016 the insurer sold plans across fifteen states. It trimmed that position to just four states at the outset of 2017, citing financial losses.

“Our individual Commercial products lost nearly $700 million between 2014 and 2016, and are projected to lose more than $200 million in 2017 despite a significant reduction in membership. Those losses are the result of marketplace structural issues that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration,” the company said Wednesday.

ROSAL

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
"...,marketplace structural issues that have led to co-op failures and carrier exits, and subsequent risk pool deterioration....."

AKA when government tries to rewrite the healthcare industry. If only the politicians had plans with AETNA they might get off their asses to repeal/replace this mess.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Barry are is working like it was supposed to.

Single payer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Can't stand how the insurers give the effect instead of the cause as the reason for this.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
The loud mouth clown that was the architect of Obamacare was just on Fox saying that Aetna pulling out now is the fault of Paul Ryan and Trump Roll Eyes because of their inability to get this passed in a timely manner leaving uncertainty for what the future holds. Never mind the $700 million they've lost so far and the likelihood of pushing that to a Billion within a year.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
Can't stand how the insurers give the effect instead of the cause as the reason for this.

I don't think you ever hear:

I'm sorry your government screwed you out of affordable care. We've tried, but no matter how high we Jack the premiums up, we can't afford to offer you insurance. The good news though is that although health costs have gone up trillions and trillions we were able to get 5 million people coverage that were not able to, sorry to the other 325,000,000. Please direct your anger to the responsible party, BHO.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the truth is something most people don't want to hear

getting something for nothing - when has that ever worked out?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
The loud mouth clown that was the architect of Obamacare was just on Fox saying that Aetna pulling out now is the fault of Paul Ryan and Trump Roll Eyes because of their inability to get this passed in a timely manner leaving uncertainty for what the future holds. Never mind the $700 million they've lost so far and the likelihood of pushing that to a Billion within a year.
At my age, there are few people left that I'd actually relish the opportunity to 'put hands on'. Jonathan Gruber 'is' one of those people.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
When will the Congress admit Obamacare failed?

The Democrats will never do that. All you'll hear is how it was the Republican's fault, that they prevented it from working.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
At my age, there are few people left that I'd actually relish the opportunity to 'put hands on'. Jonathan Gruber 'is' one of those people.

Gruber deserves it for sure, but the man BRL is referring to is the equally slimy Ezekiel Emanuel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought - what if Obama knew it would fail after he left office and when it did, the administration which had to take away all the free crap he gave the people would not blame him (the people would not blame Obama that is), but the new president who took it all away?

Trump just happened to NOT be the president Obama was expecting. Trump met the challenge face on and in an very un-politician sort of, was honest with the people and (in a VERY VERY un-politician sort of way) has been doing everything he can to keep his campaign promises.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Gruber deserves it for sure, but the man BRL is referring to is the equally slimy Ezekiel Emanuel.
That's ok, Zeke is also on my short list. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The Democrats will never do that. All you'll hear is how it was the Republican's fault, that they prevented it from working.

No Congress will never do that. Once you hand voters a giveaway, you are never taking it back. The reason Repeal and NOT Replace had zero traction is that enough Republicans know they can't take the Free Shit away and stay in office.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post