SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "No guns" sign at the local Buffalo Wild Wings
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"No guns" sign at the local Buffalo Wild Wings Login/Join 
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
300 million firearms in America with restaurants scrambling for customers.

Let's piss off a big percentage of customers. Sounds like a screwed up business plan to me.

Yep.

And when I saw it a the BWW near my hometown I went to another restaurant down the street without the sign.
I carry concealed but they don't want my money because I choose to protect my family with a gun.

It's not "they don't know I am carrying a gun" so it's OK, it's they "ban" guns in their store so they ban me.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Why would anyone go there? I saw the sign the one and only time I went, so I turned around and went to Chik-Fil-A. Screw 'em.

Yup, why give the mofos our business? They have the right to make their rules for their business. I reserve the right to refuse to give the assholes a single penny.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The largest theater chain in my state has a large sign at every entrance that says no weapons BUT it then it gives an exception and cites to the code section dealing with CCW.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The BWW here sucks.

I was there once just before the lunch crowd and it was me and five waitstaff and the music was so loud I went outside.

The food took 45 minutes....really? It's like 6 or 7 deep fried nuggets with some sauce and a drink...I guess they had to heat the oil and everything seeing how lunchtime just sneaked up on them...(again I was the only person in the place), ugghhh

I ignored the no CCW sign as I was an active LEO at the time, but I haven't been back since then...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
That must mean they ban all guns, not just Beretta 92s like everyone else.

Good stuff. Big Grin

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
It's OK; a crook would see that sign and go somewhere else.

I think BWW has really crappy wings. Overpriced, greasy and loud.

They don't want my money.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned Texas sign regulations on page 1...and the one displayed ain't it. The sign must be in the format regulated by Texas statute 30.06 for concealed carry and 30.07 for open carry. Texas also has the "50%" sign for establishments who's income derived from alcohol sales exceeds 50%. I don't open carry, but I will neither confirm nor deny whether 30.06 signs are heeded.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wings are fair, not great, they didn't have those signs here last time I went, then again, in FL they don't mean diddly squat....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Someone mentioned Texas sign regulations on page 1...and the one displayed ain't it. The sign must be in the format regulated by Texas statute 30.06 for concealed carry and 30.07 for open carry. Texas also has the "50%" sign for establishments who's income derived from alcohol sales exceeds 50%. I don't open carry, but I will neither confirm nor deny whether 30.06 signs are heeded.
I started to post a similar response and then saw that you had beaten me to it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
One of the ones near us actually asked some on duty cops to leave their guns in the car.

I don't care if they're a franchise, the money all goes upstream.

And even if they weren't posted, the food is mediocre, the service is horrid, and the atmosphere is loud and obnoxious.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Overpriced crappy chicken. I don't even bother going there anymore, even though our town just got one in the past couple of weeks. I'd rather support out local businesses.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
That must mean they ban all guns, not just Beretta 92s like everyone else.

Smile

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Our local one is posted too. At least it was when I last visited the place 3+ years ago.

Figured they didn't need my business, so I haven't been back.

No sweat...their food was salty enough to be classified as a salt lick, and Wing Stop is much better anyways.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one in the franchise near us. Knowing the owner, I don't think I will. If it's corporate mandated I suppose he'll get around to it eventually, you know, when everything else on the list gets taken care of.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would anyone go there? I saw the sign the one and only time I went, so I turned around and went to Chik-Fil-A. Screw 'em.

This right here.

To my point of view, signs like this are telling me to take my business elsewhere.

I will happily oblige.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
As the southerners say, "Bless their stupid little heart."

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For me concealed is concealed regardless of your goofy sign. That said I don't see many signs like that around here - but if I did I would grant their wish and put them in the do not spend my money here column.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yup, why give the mofos our business? They have the right to make their rules for their business. I reserve the right to refuse to give the assholes a single penny.

Yup!

My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
We are fortunate to have several high-quality chicken wing eateries in this area. But, signs like those at Buffalo Wing Factory are why I carry a handful of "no guns, no money" cards with me. I have been known to walk in, present one to the host/hostess, and walk out.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't eat there but maybe a few times a year, if that. When I do, I ignore the sign and keep my concealed weapon concealed. The most they can do is ask me to leave.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post