SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "No guns" sign at the local Buffalo Wild Wings
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"No guns" sign at the local Buffalo Wild Wings Login/Join 
posted
Davenport IA. It was my first visit in a long time, the sign may have been there five years ago when I last visited. I ignored it then and now. No, I did not consume alcohol.

I can't recall the exact wording and did not think to take a picture, the sign may have used the word "banned."

Is this sign at ALL of their restaurants?

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

In every one I have ever seen. [edit to add, including my local one] Something like this:

Whether it has any force of law, or is even a legal sign (some states like Texas require the sign be prominent and in a certain format) varies by state.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

In every one I have ever seen. Something like this:

Whether it has any force of law, or is even a legal sign (some states like Texas require the sign be prominent and in a certain format) varies by state.

What sign? I don't see anything...

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
No signs in Massachusetts Wild Wings that I've seen. But here the signs have no force of law backing them up anyhow. They are meaningless. If you are caught they can ask you to leave. That's it. I carry at the Regal cinemas all the time. I watch them search backpacks and have a chuckle.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I ate at one in Mississippi and it didn't have a sign.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooo, a magical sign. Neat

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Is there a sign in the other window that says "Rob Us First"?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
In Kansas that is not considered legal signage. What is sort of interesting, where I live, is that we have two BWWs, one has a sign and the other one doesn't.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
As with all other such signs, I'm sure somebody intent on robbing or shooting up the place will see it and say, "Damn! I'll have to go somewhere else."

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
300 million firearms in America with restaurants scrambling for customers.

Let's piss off a big percentage of customers. Sounds like a screwed up business plan to me.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
That must mean they ban all guns, not just Beretta 92s like everyone else.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not that it materially matters, but the inconsistency (some having the sign, some not) between locations makes me wonder if these are franchises, not corporate-owned.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Not that it materially matters, but the inconsistency (some having the sign, some not) between locations makes me wonder if these are franchises, not corporate-owned.
It is most definitely a franchised business

Based on SBA loan defaults, it's one of the 6 best franchises to own

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
In Florida the sign means nothing, but you can't sit in the bar. I have not see this sign in Florida-it would cost them business. I don't recall seeing a sign at the one in San Angelo TExas either.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Concealed is concealed.

What's the issue here?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
What they don't know won't hurt them. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Concealed is concealed.

What's the issue here?

Yup!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ate at a Cheesecake Factory just outside Indy last week. They had a no gun sign but it was transparent and on the very bottom glass pane on the door. Didn't even see it going in.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
No, I did not consume alcohol.

So what? Who cares if you had?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone go there? I saw the sign the one and only time I went, so I turned around and went to Chik-Fil-A. Screw 'em.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post