SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More reason to support businesses like Chick-fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More reason to support businesses like Chick-fil-A Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
http://start.att.net/news/read...n_sunday_for-rhearst

Chick-Fil-A Broke Tradition And Opened On Sunday For The Nicest Reason

After a power outage at one of the country's biggest airports cancelled hundreds of flights and left thousands stranded on Sunday, an unlikely hero stepped in. Chick-fil-A, famously known for being closed on Sundays, broke their own rules and served more than 5,000 sandwiches to passengers traveling through the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport last night.

An underground fire at an electrical facility wreaked havoc on the airport Sunday, shutting off power for hours starting around 1 p.m. Planes were grounded for much of the day, and food supplies began to run low both on planes stuck on the tarmac and in the airport where restaurants had closed, CNN reports.

Just before 10 p.m. on Sunday, the official City of Atlanta Twitter account tweeted that the city's convention center would be used to house those without a place to go overnight, and that Chick-fil-A would be providing food.

Around the same time, Chick-fil-A had received a call from Atlanta's mayor and sprung into action.

"The mayor called about 10 p.m. and asked for assistance," a Chick-fil-A spokesperson said in a statement. "We immediately mobilized operators, staff and team members who live and work near the airport, and they began hand preparing sandwiches offsite and personally delivering them to the EOC (emergency operations center)."

"City and airport officials then distributed sandwiches to passengers who were stranded due to the power outage," Chick-fil-A said. "In all, 5,302 sandwiches were donated."

People were quick to praise the fast food chain on social media, as well as joke about how lucky passengers were to get a free chicken sandwich on the day of rest. Chick-fil-A is closed every Sunday to give employees time "to rest and worship if they choose." In a few emergency situations, though - including after the horrific attack at a gay nightclub in Orlando - the chain has lifted its Sunday policy in order to deliver food to those in need.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Chick-fil-A rocks. God bless them.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I always support the location close to me.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Yet it has been run out of town, so to speak, hassled, protested against, at certain institutions supposedly built upon and honoring “free speech.”

I may have to drive over to get a chicken sandwich tomorrow.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I remember a snowstorm, Chick-Fil-A workers were tramping along the highway, handing out food to stranded motorists. That was on a Sunday.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Chick-Fil-A. We enjoy going there on Saturdays, good food and all their employees are extremely pleasant.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I remember a snowstorm, Chick-Fil-A workers were tramping along the highway, handing out food to stranded motorists. That was on a Sunday.

"Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?"

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Guess where I'm going to go for lunch tomorrow Smile...two thumbs up Chick-Fil-A!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Excellent firm and great people! They get it done!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
CFA puts everyone else to shame.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

"Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?"

Practice what the Lord Jesus Christ taught, don't they? Smile

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
They have the best Chicken Tortilla Soup. And great employees.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Let's have a unicorn and butterfly dream: What if Chick-fil-A ran this country? Wouldn't that be something?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Except everything would be closed on Sunday Wink

quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Let's have a unicorn and butterfly dream: What if Chick-fil-A ran this country? Wouldn't that be something?

RMD

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

I remember a time when almost everything was closed on Sunday.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

I remember a time when almost everything was closed on Sunday.

And, life was good.

Q

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Chick-fil-A rocks. God bless them.

Indeed!

Which reminds me that I am late getting my sandwich! Take care of that tomorrow.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They're building one down the street from us. Can't wait for them to open. Love the food, love the company. The only reason I can think to be whatsoever at them is that the traffic through town is going to royally suck forever now.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Guess where I'm going to go for lunch tomorrow Smile...two thumbs up Chick-Fil-A!
Yep, me too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really never get tired of hearing the good things Chick Fil A is doing. The locations near me are filled with friendly smiling staff. Never met a CFA employee with a bad attitude. The food tastes pretty good as well, which never hurts.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post