SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another carjacker story, don't drive w/o protection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another carjacker story, don't drive w/o protection Login/Join 
posted
http://www.sfgate.com/national...k-shift-10998135.php

Carjackers shot and killed a Houston-area father because his car had a manual transmission, which they didn't how to operate, police said.

Pedro Aguilar, a 47-year-old mechanic, was returning to his Harris County apartment about 11 p.m. after dining out with his wife and 10-year-old daughter. The wife and daughter had gotten out of the car and were guiding him to a parking space when a sedan pulled up, according to KHOU.
Two young men got out and pointed a gun at Aguilar while he was still in the driver's seat, police said. They pistol-whipped him and pulled him out because he was taking too much time, according to deputies.

The thieves then got into the car but could not get it to drive because they didn't know how to operate a standard shift. According to the ABC 13, police believe that Aguilar was shot in the chest by one of the men out of frustration over the manual transmission.
The stymied suspects then returned to their vehicle, described as a silver or white four-door sedan, and fled the scene. A third man reportedly was driving the car.
All three men were described as being in their late-teens or early 20s.
Aguilar died at the scene in front of his family.
---------------------
How could you live in Texas and not obtain a CHL? He has a family to protect, if nothing else.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
http://www.sfgate.com/national...k-shift-10998135.php

Carjackers shot and killed a Houston-area father because his car had a manual transmission, which they didn't how to operate, police said.

Pedro Aguilar, a 47-year-old mechanic, was returning to his Harris County apartment about 11 p.m. after dining out with his wife and 10-year-old daughter. The wife and daughter had gotten out of the car and were guiding him to a parking space when a sedan pulled up, according to KHOU.
Two young men got out and pointed a gun at Aguilar while he was still in the driver's seat, police said. They pistol-whipped him and pulled him out because he was taking too much time, according to deputies.

The thieves then got into the car but could not get it to drive because they didn't know how to operate a standard shift. According to the ABC 13, police believe that Aguilar was shot in the chest by one of the men out of frustration over the manual transmission.
The stymied suspects then returned to their vehicle, described as a silver or white four-door sedan, and fled the scene. A third man reportedly was driving the car.
All three men were described as being in their late-teens or early 20s.
Aguilar died at the scene in front of his family.
---------------------
How could you live in Texas and not obtain a CHL? He has a family to protect, if nothing else.

Yeah, blame the victim. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, blame the victim.

It certainly comes across that way. Since we weren't there, it isn't our call to make.

Posts: 27955 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I hope there is surveillance video and those 3 fry.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Heartbreaking for the mother and daughter.

The righteous anger that swells up inside of me when I read of such stories almost overwhelms me. These animals must be found and brought to justice.

quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Yeah, blame the victim.

It certainly comes across that way. Since we weren't there, it isn't our call to make.

Well, I'll make the call sitting right where I am. There are clear perpetrators in this story and clear victims, and the victims don't account for even 1% of the blame here. For chrissakes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, instead of being outraged by the action of these maggots, let's turn it into, "Damn, man, that sorry ass of a family man should have had a CHL (LTC). Then, he would still be alive".

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I'll make the call sitting right where I am. There are clear perpetrators in this story and clear victims, and the victims don't account for even 1% of the blame here. For chrissakes.

Maybe I failed to get my point across. In no way was I blaming the victim. I only tried to say that we can't judge what he should or shouldn't have done.

Posts: 27955 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Maybe I failed to get my point across. In no way was I blaming the victim. I only tried to say that we can't judge what he should or shouldn't have done.

Ah, I see. Yeah, you're absolutely right about that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
There’s no way to know from the little information available whether the victim’s being armed would have made any difference. Even assuming one has a gun, is it appropriate to initiate a gunfight in the presence of one’s family with two armed assailants who already have their guns drawn? To the person who would suggest such a thing, just how good do you believe yourself to be?

Most carjackings do not involve the victim’s being shot out of frustration over the transmission.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not blaming the victim at all. I am just saying is that Texas is one of the best states in the union for recognizing our right to keep and bear arms, and it is too bad the victim did not take advantage of it.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even assuming one has a gun, is it appropriate to initiate a gunfight in the presence of one’s family with two armed assailants who already have their guns drawn?

This is a very good point. Unfortunately. And I hope they catch and fry those bastards.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not blaming the victim at all. I am just saying is that Texas is one of the best states in the union for recognizing our right to keep and bear arms, and it is too bad the victim did not take advantage of it.

As stated above, you don't even know the whole picture, from what little info that was presented. The only thing we know for sure is that the maggots killed the man trying to carjack him. All other BS info are suspect, especially the assumption that they shot him because of the manual transmission. Typical garbage local reporting.

Q

posted Hide Post
I can't think of a more important time to draw a gun. I carry one to protect my family. While I would prefer to not get into a shootout when my family is present, I will do what it takes to protect them.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I hope there is surveillance video and those 3 fry.

With Percy Wetmore doing the honors?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go out on a ledge here and take a guess the three perps...

If Barry had a son or maybe stronger border enforcement.."...

Nah sorry I'm sure I'm wrong.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

If by best you mean like 20th out of 50, then yeah...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
In Florida, carjacking is specifically listed as justification for the use of deadly force and you do not need any type of permit to keep a gun in your car.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the lack of any information about the race of the perpetrators is quite telling and it's pretty easy to read between the lines. Because with a hispanic victim if the perps were hispanic they likely owuld have been identified as such. So, gee whiz, in what other race do the male yutes lead the nation in committing violent crimes?

As for the victim not having a firearm, there may be reasons for that. Perhaps as a youth he got himself in to trouble with the Law and had a Felony conviction on his record. Perhaps due to some family history he just didn't feel comfortable with the thought of owning a gun.

There is also the matter of his wife and child being present. Just because you have a gun it doesn't mean that using it is the best course of action to take. If you have two or three assailants aiming firearms at your family and yourself the best course of action is most likely to give them whatever they want and leave the area as quickly as possible.

Whatever the reason that is no cause for blaming the victim in this incident for not having a firearm or using one, the blame lies 100% at the feet of the perpetrators. Hopefully Texas Law will catch up with these scum and when their baby momma cries in court they were just turning their lives around I hope the judge tells those mothers that they should be deeply shamed by the scum they set loose on society.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hope the perps are caught and all 3 get lethal injection.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Hope the perps are caught and all 3 get lethal injection are shanked to death in prison.

FIFY

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post