SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So are all our North TX / OK members ok? (Severe weather)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So are all our North TX / OK members ok? (Severe weather) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Severe weather freaks me out even if I am 1000 miles away. Are our members who are under Mom Nature’s thumb tonight alright. Please check in.

I have only been through 2 “High Risk” NOAA alerts and it was 2 too many.

Be safe all, hunker down and get to shelter.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
All is calm and quite here. Rain keeps getting pushed up. Looking for first chances around 4am.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m good, but my sister was in a tornado where she lives. It missed her house but destroyed some a mile away. We’re getting lots of rain, some areas are flooding.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks...Southlake, TX is just very windy tonight. Rain forecast for daybreak, but not expected to be severe.

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Flooded here Saturday. Rain was running down my street like it was a river. Rain hasn’t stopped since the beginning of September last year. Get a few days of a break, then bam, more rain. 2018 was the 2nd wettest year on record for our area. It’s insane. More tomorrow morning.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It was super windy yesterday in mid Texas...we had the monsoon on Saturday, glad I didn’t go to USPSA....it was so hard that you couldn’t see ten yards.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Weather forecast is if the rain keeps up it won"t come down.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Just wet and wind here in Farmers Branch (northwest Dallas County).

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Further south here in N Houston.
Breezy last night & a couple quick showers this morning.

Stay safe to those in N TX & OK.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a lot of wind late last night here in deep East Texas. Per my wife, I slept through it. We had our bout with 90+ mph straight line winds and the considerable, severe damage that went along with it, back on 5/8.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
Wet here. East of Dallas. I’m going to have to try to teach the cows how to swim. Some structure surrounding us has been knocked over due to high winds.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Had some rain and wind. Some parts of Dallas had very heavy rain and I think some hail. There was a tornado 150 miles SE of Dallas, with some destruction and injuries (no deaths, I think).

Beautiful weather today.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
NE Dallas county, Garland, hardly got anything. Yes, it was breezy, but this is Texas and it wasn’t that bad. Rain came through this morning about 8:30-ish and rained moderately for about 10-15 minutes and we’re done. All things considered, it was just anti-climatical.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had cloud to ground lightning and horizontal rain a couple times. Nothing bad though.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Glad everybody is safe. Yesterday had the potential to be much worse then it was.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Last night the Turnader was right by my house.
This morning I drove straight to within about a mile of the one in Tulsa. Everyone was in the locker room, sirens blaring.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
While I'm complaining about the heavy snow in my "never ending winter" thread, folks in the south are faring far worse with tornadoes, torrential rain, and flooding. Stay safe!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Nothing happened last night, just a bit of rain.

It is a gorgeous day right now, warm and blue skies. Having a cigar and a drink in my backyard by the pool Cool

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Northeastern OK is getting hammered with tornadoes. And up into Missouri.
Stay safe up there. Bad flooding to add to the fun.

My nephew sent me a video of a big one looking out his front window. It was about 1/2 mile between his house and his mom who lives about the same distance on the backside of it. This is his fourth visual, but going to school at OU several years back put him right in the alley.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post