SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Chrome Finishes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Chrome Finishes Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Anyone have experience with black chrome on a refinish? If so, recommendations on refinishers? Two projects, I have a Browning Hi-Power that I would love to get refinished. The other is handheld archery releases. The solid brass can get rather sticky on hot days, the slicker finish would be welcome.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
We do safe parts in black nickle. The nickle is soft, so it will eventually wear off if it sees a lot of friction.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I got to handle a Colt Diamondback .38 years back whick had black hard chrome finish. Very deep black and rich looking. Its bolt would not make a turn line on its cylinder.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not many plating companies are doing Black Chrome these days, It was very in demand for about 5 years or so.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For example, these guys once did. Don’t see it on the services list anymore, though one could call and ask.

http://www.apwcogan.com

I believe Para had them hard chrome a shotgun at one time. Good rep.

Releases in a brushed chrome would look good.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Have you thought about a Vapor Deposition finish like IonBond? It is more or less equivalent to hard chrome, except it is black. I had Don Williams to three 1911's in IonBond for me. It is a very hard and durable finish. It is an oil sponge, though. Depending on how the metal is prepped, it can be matte or shiny.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
H&M Black Nitride is what you seek if the base metal is ferrous.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post