SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Been a we bit since I had a good burner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been a we bit since I had a good burner Login/Join 
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted
Last 2 shifts back to back structure fires. This one got our attention. Came in as smoke investigation and I upgraded pulling out of station at 1am do to the plume I observed. Happened to get some photos and video forwarded to me.

First and last pics are videos.
Will see if this works.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1141 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Fully involved on arrival?

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Pull your boots up! It's carrying the mail.

Nice Fire

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Fully involved on arrival?

Yes Through the roof on arrival We had to hunt down the house as PD called smoke investigation from a main road. I was able to narrow down the house by visual and our CAD computer Large gated community with two entrances. Suspicious fire. Most neighbors are snow birds out of town.

We where already flowing ladder pipe and 1 2.5 RAM when photos and video was taken.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1141 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
When I was a firefighter up north years ago we would get them every so often.
It was usually because no one was home or no fire alarm system in the house.
We had older homes in town that were balloon construction. The fire would start in the basement and run the wall voids next thing you know the roof is on fire. By the time we were dispatched it was too late.
It was even worse in the winter when it is 10 degrees outside. One fire I took off my fire coat and it was frozen solid with ice.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pilot for a commercial airline was on final approach, landing in MLI , two years ago,10 days before christmas, at 9:45 p.m.

He looked to the south of the airport twords his 4 year old, 4000 sq ft., log cabin, and noticed a fireball in the general vicinity .

25 minutes later he was on the way to his car in the parking lot, it was his family calling.

His home was was a total loss, it was his home that he saw from the plane.

everyone got out safely .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

everyone got out safely .

Yes no one was home. No injuries.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

posted Hide Post
are you familiar with the fire ?

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. It's still under investigation. This isn't the first time I / FD have been to house. No I didn't start it.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

posted Hide Post
tiny town gossip says that it was christmas candles. and that they have received the ins. money
not so ?

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not familiar with the pilots fire if that's what your referencing. Thought you where asking if everyone got out safe on my fire. Sorry

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We had a $3million lake house go up a few years back when I was still in FTO. They had just finished construction and begun moving personal items in, but were not living in it yet. The house had a slate roof with valley and gutter heaters to keep the snow off.

It had recently snowed and was about 3 degrees out. Something went wrong electronically with those fancy, newly installed gutter heaters, and they set the attic on fire. The slate roof proved incredibly difficult to cut through, the location of the house and design of the driveway made it impossible to get more than two trucks back there at one time. The lane to get back there was a sheet of ice, and they had to call county highway out to salt it after the tankers started sliding off.

I think the house was built with the idea that they would draw water from the lake in case of fire, but the lake was frozen solid from weeks of subzero temps. They did finally get some holes made and started some portable pumps, but it was hard to keep them flowing, and too little too late. Talk about an icy mess!

Myself and a couple of other PD guys did manage to save a Ferrari, a Rolls Royce, and a golf cart out of the garage (the other guys got the cars...I got the golf cart, lol), but the rest of the house was a total loss.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post