SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bruce Springsteen: Draft dodging scumbag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bruce Springsteen: Draft dodging scumbag Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Bruce "The Bitch" Springsteen. When he wasn't sucking Barry's dick or licking Hillary's ass he was dodging a NC concert over HB2. Don't forget getting rescued on Veterans Day by some MIA patched AL Vet bikers.
Fuck Bruce Springsteen!!!!

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
So...he's like Nugent, except he doesn't pretend to be patriotic now?

(Yes, I know Nuge now says he was lying about that story. He's a liar one way or the other.)

Never made a piss-poor decision when you were 18?

If not? You are unusual.

When I was 18, I thought that the military was for those who couldn't hack it anywhere else. I voiced that opinion freely. When I was 21? Active duty Army. I was either full of shit then or full of shit then plus three years. Either way, thirty years later, with a whole lot more wisdom under my belt, I see the error of my thoughts.

Nugent I can forgive, and do. He was a dumb kid who made a decision that he thought was right at the time (and admits that) and, IMO, has more than made up for it with his support for our Forces and our rights.

The Boss? Tough call. I love his music pre-The River, but if he's still hanging on to that piss-poor decision, ... well....

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Never made a piss-poor decision when your were 18?

If not? You are unusual.

Which speaks to my point. They both dodged the draft. They both came to regret it. I just find it curious that one is worshipped and one is reviled.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If not? You are unusual.

Which speaks to my point. They both dodged the draft. They both came to regret it. I just find it curious that one is worshipped and one is reviled.

I'm not so sure Springsteen has. That was kind of my point, not so well put.

When I see him admitting that he fucked up, and doing work to support the military, I'll buy it. Until then? I see him on a boat in Polynesia rubbing elbows with Hadji.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If not? You are unusual.

Much like, whether or not someone critically analyzes a news story, to see if it's accurate, for far too many the answer depends on whether they like the message being delivered.

"Entertainers should stick to entertaining and stay out of politics . . . unless we like what they say about politics."

"The media should be questioned, scrutinized, and mistrusted . . . unless we like the story they are reporting."

Herknav, you probably already know, but most people don't like having their hypocrisy pointed out.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not so sure Springsteen has. That was kind of my point, not so well put.

When I see him admitting that he fucked up, and doing work to support the military, I'll buy it. Until then? I see him on a boat in Polynesia rubbing elbows with Hadji.

No, you're point was fine. I was thinking it over and commenting in general rather than arguing with you.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
When his number came up, Elvis took a step forward, too, got his haircut, did what he was ordered to do, AFAIK, without a whimper. It astonished everyone.

Even though it doesn't relate to the topic at hand, this line from the movie Dogma seems to fit:

"So you were an artist! Big deal! Elvis was an artist. But that didn't stop him from joining the service in time of war. And that's why he's The King, and you're a schmuck. "

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
When his number came up, Elvis took a step forward, too, got his haircut, did what he was ordered to do, AFAIK, without a whimper. It astonished everyone.

Even though it doesn't relate to the topic at hand, this line from the movie Dogma seems to fit:

"So you were an artist! Big deal! Elvis was an artist. But that didn't stop him from joining the service in time of war. And that's why he's The King, and you're a schmuck. "

Movie line? Please! You can say anything in a movie.

It wasn't as smooth and easy as I indicated, abd he wasn't all that happy, but he did it, and seemed to have been a good soldier.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If not? You are unusual.

Can't stand Ted Nugent.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
was never a fan of him or his music

so I'm not missing much

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Springsteen has a contempt for cops and the military, he supported O and the Hag.....that says all that needs to be said.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He's a multi millionaire liberal asshole who never could sing...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For many years, I thought Springstein was from Canada. Though I liked a few of his songs, would never buy his music, knew he was a leftist.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post