SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help with a local survey
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with a local survey Login/Join 
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted
I live in Hanover County VA which is VERY rich in history especially Civil War History. We have two schools in the county, Stonewall Jackson Middle school and Lee-Davis High School that our School board is currently soliciting interest in renaming. As a strong supporter of not trying to erase our history, I've filled out the survey opposing the change. I would like for you guy's help in packing this survey with responses opposing the change. Any help would be appreciated. You do not have to live in Hanover or the Richmond area to participate in the survey. These are the schools my son will go to once he leaves elementary school this year. Link to the survey is below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CGMNYXQ

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I don't normally participate in ballot stuffing, but this is a worthy cause that goes well beyond local interests. Done.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Done.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Done for a good cause since you can't change history and the Civil War was one of my most favorite periods of study.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Done.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Done.

I stated that I feel it is wrong to change, ignore or hide historical events to placate a political stand. Use the names to stimulate debate about the namesakes instead. These are learning institutions are they not?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Having ask for this sort of help myself I'm glad to repay the favor...
Done.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that! They just changed the names of two schools near here in Hampton, Va because they were named after Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis. The opposition never had a chance.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Done. I detest revisionists.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Done.

I stated that I feel it is wrong to change, ignore or hide historical events to placate a political stand. Use the names to stimulate debate about the namesakes instead. These are learning institutions are they not?

Jim

Yep.

I said - Changing the name does not change history and that those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Done

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Done.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
As another resident of the county, I would like to say thank you.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Done.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post