SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've been burned by the Sig Pro Shop in Epping.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been burned by the Sig Pro Shop in Epping. Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Might include a link to this thread in one of your emails.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVF400:
Can sig ship to a gun shop in a legal state. Have that shop make changes ( pin stock and replace flash hider) and then ship to you?

The manager just told me no on this option. No explanation. He suggested I find an authorized dealer in my state and try to order one. Without my student discount of course. Something sort of rubbing me the wrong way about this. I don’t know if I’m buying the entire story.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can sig ship to a gun shop in a legal state. Have that shop make changes ( pin stock and replace flash hider) and then ship to you?

He said his FFL just received a shipment last week. I'll assume this shipment is of the same gun, but for someone else. So my question again is, "why not have him order it himself for you?" His FFL does the changes at his place. So, what's the problem?

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

He said his FFL just received a shipment last week. I'll assume this shipment is of the same gun, but for someone else. So my question again is, "why not have him order it himself for you?" His FFL does the changes at his place. So, what's the problem?

The problem is paying $400 more and waiting another 2 months for them to do exactly what they can do now. Ship the damn rifle.

ETA my ffl received the rifle last week from the pro shop. They literally shipped one last week under my exact circumstances.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I tried to purchased a P320 RX Caliber X-Change Kit, Sig's Pro-Shop would not sell it to me because I lived in CA and the magazine exceeded the 10-round limit.

I asked the guy to just remove the magazine before it was shipped, I said he could keep it, give it to whoever buys the next P320, or toss it.

No dice, so I hung up waited 5 minutes and called back. Gave them the address to a family member in another state who forwarded the kit to me without the magazine.

I realize your item is a weapon and my item was not, but at issue is Sig's policy of no sale vs. taking the extra step to make the sale legal.

This is why Osage County Guns is my 1st choice to any gun related purchase. In my case, Sig was offering a deep discount to sell off the last of the standard Romeo optics before the new Romeo Pro versions were released. The price was too good not to try and legally beat Sig's sales policies.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
When the Pro Shop said it was "busy", it was, in fact, busy, unless they've had a substantial downturn in business.

When I was last up at the Academy, they were shutting down the Pro Shop for one day a week just to catch up on paperwork. "Brisk" doesn't describe the situation. The place was wall-to-wall humans. The Academy itself was adding class after class just to keep up with demand for training. If they were pulling vacation time from Academy instructors, what do you think they were doing to Pro Shop employees?

While you may feel burned, they were (and assume are) very, very busy. They're not yanking your chain or making excuses.

Not to be a dick, but there are hundreds if not thousands of people in line in front of you. You ordered an item that was already in limited supply long before the great 2020 gun panic at a time when there were no guns in stock anywhere in the country. Furthermore, you live in a state with tenuous gun rights and one which requires dealers or manufacturers to jump through hoops to legally get their products to.

Maybe you feel like they dragged their feet or didn't communicate quickly enough, but I'd reassess based on the realities of the world today and their particular amount of business these days. If it was the legal team's decision, it's on them, not the Pro Shop counter jockeys.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Oat, I respectfully disagree. My place in line was secured in September when they took $500 for a deposit. Then 2 weeks ago they took full payment and had my rifle in stock ready to ship. I’ve been in the shop 3 times since the order and it was busy but not too busy to sell me some ammo a hat and a red dot with no wait. This is their failure.

ETA: They now suggest I have a dealer order the rifle in Massachusetts and SIG will ship it. Of course I have to lose my student discount of $400. That is not legit. Not at all. Their legal team is okay with that?

These go to eleven.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Sig Pro Shop and Sig in general screwed you plain and simple. I don't understand how anyone could read what you've written and argue otherwise.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I beg to disagree. This would be a non-issue, but for the fact that you live in Massachusetts! And that's where any angst/blame should be directed, period.

Unfortunately, you cannot legally purchase that firearm as a MA resident, and that's what you were ultimately trying to do here. The fact that SIG's Legal Dept made a policy change that immediately affected your purchase is entirely coincidental. There could be any number of reasons why they made the change now, but your purchase was likely not the driver of their decision. For all we know, the Mass AG could have been all over SIG re: this exact issue, and their Legal Dept determined they needed to make a policy change, in order to eliminate the issue.

Lawyers advise, or in this case make policy decisions to minimize the legal exposure/liability of their clients, and ensure they stay within their interpretation of the law. Though the decision and/or timing may seem arbitrary, it's really not. The Pro Shop didn't have a choice of just shipping all of the orders in the pipeline first, or saying, well this order for 'frayedends' is gonna be the last one!

It should also be noted, in case it isn't obvious (sometimes the glaringly obvious needs to be stated anyway), that there is unprecedented demand for for firearms right now, so the SIG Pro Shop is in fact, REALLY Busy! They didn't wait two weeks 'claiming they were busy' while they implemented a policy change. Heck, I'm still waiting for a notification on NICS Check approval for a P365 I purchased at the Pro Shop on Monday!

And to think, this would all be moot if you would have built your house fifteen miles further to the north... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8879 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That sucks Frayedends. Your situation is beyond frustrating. I think you've made the correct decision to move on to something else and let this whole thing drop.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Nhracecraft I get what you are saying but there are a few things that differentiate my situation. First they sold me the rifle. I mean the salesman saw me looking and I said I was in MA and couldn’t buy it. He told me I could. I went home and found the FFL to do the mods and they ordered the rifle and took my money.

The policy change is bullshit as far as I’m concerned. They are telling me to find a SIG dealer and order it at full price through the Massachusetts dealer and they will ship it to them. What the fuck is that? That is basically telling me that they want to steal my discount. At least that’s how it seems.

The store being busy is something else that annoys me. I’ve been in multiple times and with Covid they weren’t even letting many in at a time. As far as I’m concerned if you sell something you follow through. That’s good business. They had time to sell me on the gun but once they had my money the had no time?

Believe me, I want to just blame some bad luck and not blame SIG. I’ve been a fan for a long time, obviously. But when you’ve been sucking a company’s dick for 15 years and they suddenly fuck you in the ass without asking, well, it causes some butthurt. Smile

Apart from that moving to New Hampshire realty was not an option. My kids are here. I am divorced and they would not be driving to New Hampshire to see me. My fiancé is a realtor and has a successful business presence here. I also increased my commute to work to an hour just moving here. Moving to New Hampshire would make it much longer and really not feasible. I got into guns late in life. Picking up roots and moving isn’t always an easy option. I assure you when I retire I will move to a free state.

These go to eleven.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Maybe the guy who shipped the gun last week screwed up and they caught it and said NO MORE, period.
I have seen this before.

Besides, you live in Mass. You should know better.

I am glad I bailed out of there in June.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Maybe the guy who shipped the gun last week screwed up and they caught it and said NO MORE, period.
I have seen this before.

Besides, you live in Mass. You should know better.

I am glad I bailed out of there in June.

Bob

Ya know, if they called me and said, "hey we just sent one out and got screwed. Unfortunately we can't do it anymore. We thought we could but we were wrong." Well maybe I'd feel a bit better about it. But when I asked about the one they shipped last week they said it was for LEO. My FFL said it was not LEO. I think that is part of why I'm pissed. I would rather have the shitty truth than some convoluted stories.

I'm not sure what living in Mass has to do with it. They said I could buy it. FFL said I could buy. Before the scamdemic they were available in a few MA shops.

Anyhow I'm working on a different route now. Might be getting a fixed mag AR built. Then I can have all the bells and whistles without the Massachusetts law bullshit. Hopefully the speed loader type things they make for them are actually good.

These go to eleven.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Those things work great. Actually something that works as advertised.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Well the butthurt is a little less. I have been thinking about a P365 (not that I need another 9 mm). The pro shop manager is giving me a deal too good to pass up. He has to order it and then ship to my ffl. The price is so good that I'd easily get more for it if I decide I don't want it in the long run. I should hopefully be saving enough on an AR (the MCX was a bit more than a fixed mag AR will be) to cover most of the new P365.

These go to eleven.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Purchase" is where the problem comes in. Because purchase as nothing to do with it. The FFL can legally receive and posses that rifle. That's where SIG's part of the equation begins and ends.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post