SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Peloton bike users on the board? (Update page 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Peloton bike users on the board? (Update page 3) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
15th ride today.

Was the first live class from the new studio, and my first 'live' ride period.

Down 12#

Robin is my favorite instructor, handsdown.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Good on you, I am getting on for a 30 miler later today.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wife says Robin is pretty good.

Wife does a lot of the treadmill and weight workouts as well and really likes Jess Simms.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have a new Peloton mistress. Kendall Toole does primarily both rock and metal rides...the leather and spandex she squeezes herself into likely thanks her after she's done with it.

Look, I get that part of the appeal of having 'hot' women do the classes is so that schmoes like me will stare at her ass for the 45 minutes we're riding...but good Christ is she hot. And ROCKS to the metal!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Kendall is a beast. #SigForum?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Did my first Peloton ride yesterday (was delivered 12/1).

What's you guys' Peloton handles? SigForum ride group?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I have a new Peloton mistress. Kendall Toole does primarily both rock and metal rides...the leather and spandex she squeezes herself into likely thanks her after she's done with it.

Look, I get that part of the appeal of having 'hot' women do the classes is so that schmoes like me will stare at her ass for the 45 minutes we're riding...but good Christ is she hot. And ROCKS to the metal!

Glad you are enjoying your Peloton.

I may have to look into their APP and see if it will control my smart trainer for riding my bike in the house.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just did a 45 Minute personal best in Kendall’s all-Metallica ride! Smile

Her attractiveness aside, she really wails on that bike and the final 5 minutes of this ride I wanted to rest, but watching her just kill herself to put out (don’t get cute with that) kept me in the saddle and driving til the cool down. Absolutely turning into one of my favorite instructors. #sigforum on Peloton. (I’m currently the only one!)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I imagine it'll take me a bit to get up to 45 min. Did 15 yesterday & felt good. Doing the pre-recorded classes for now & getting familiar & comfortable on the bike.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good for you!!!

When I do the longer, and especially hard classes, I am often about 10 numbers behind the instructor on desired resistance and sometimes pedal speed.

I’m okay with that, my heart rate is where I want it and I dig the playlists. My personal goal is to eventually keep up with the instructors low numbers.

Currently I’m most comfortable taking “7 to 8” difficulty classes, I know I have no chance at keep up with a 9 or 10, but they keep me motivated and push me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to get mine! Should deliver on December 10th!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Peloton scheduled delivery is Dec 24. My daughter has one and loves it.

Are any of you measuring your calorie burn? What are you seeing?

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good for you!!!

When I do the longer, and especially hard classes, I am often about 10 numbers behind the instructor on desired resistance and sometimes pedal speed.

I’m okay with that, my heart rate is where I want it and I dig the playlists. My personal goal is to eventually keep up with the instructors low numbers.

Currently I’m most comfortable taking “7 to 8” difficulty classes, I know I have no chance at keep up with a 9 or 10, but they keep me motivated and push me.

I did a 10 & 5 min easy ride yesterday & was pretty easily sitting at the top of cadent & resistance numbers.
On my road bike, I always preferred a higher cadence, usually in the 90-100 range (as long as I wasn't bouncing in the saddle).

Will have to try a slightly tougher class next time.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
#sigforum on Peloton. (I’m currently the only one!)

Just added it to my profile. I’m brand new and only using the app with our Bowflex C6, but will see what it offers.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Just got my Bike+ in today! I haven’t taken it for a spin yet but I did make sure to join the #SigForum tag. V_Ride. Only negative which is fairly minor is I wish the handlebars/screen would lock up tighter and not wiggle. Other than that it looks great! I guess I’ll start off with some beginner classes and work my way up. Or I might just say screw it and start joining Ronin and his mistress. Smile

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Joined the #sigforum group.

No wiggle on my bars/screen. Something to do with the screen pivot function maybe?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That was my one real complaint. SPD clips, the two holers, are probably the most popular out there. You go to a spin class you got spd clips and cages. I had to buy their shoes (actually my wife did, mine came free) to go to the 3 hole system which I still don’t know what that’s called. As a plus though, I regularly tighten my spd clips. They loosen a bunch, maybe I’m doing it wrong. These new ones I keep checking but they are tight still. Spin shoes basically
last forever too so one time cost realistically.

Use blue lock-tite
I had that issue with spd cleats too.

Posts: 858 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Joined the $sigforum group.

No wiggle on my bars/screen. Something to do with the screen pivot function maybe?

No it wiggles a bit at where the bars connect to the frame. Saw another reviewer online saying the same. Not a big deal but just surprised me considering how expensive these things are. I even tried dropping it down all the way and tightening it and it still rocks side to side a bit.

Just completed the 20 minute beginner ride! Felt good! Got a ways to go to work back up to where I was when I was spinning regularly at the gym haha.

Posted from my iPhone.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Will have to look at ours when I get home.
The adjustment for me is going from a road bike, to spin. No coasting.

Having the screen/instructor/scenery is better than stationary cycling on a trainer.

Edit:
Ours is rock solid on the screen/bars. No wobble or anything.
Currently set to height f, as I like a bit more of a road bike position, so far.

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Just did my first class today. I was given a spin bike and hooked a cadence sensor up to it. The only thing I can’t gauge is the resistance. It’s still fun though. The bike shreds my quads.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post