SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody know where to find some understandable control systems tutorials?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody know where to find some understandable control systems tutorials? Login/Join 
posted
I have been searching high and low for this type of material. I am currently taking a class, and I am having my ass handed to me on a silver platter. Any advice would help, I tried youtube but my professor makes the problems harder than what I am able to find. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am on Bode plots now.

Thanks

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
can you share which text you are using now?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, the text I had in Controls was by Ogata - at the time considered The Bible

you might want to consider hunting down the Open Courseware link to the MIT engineering library - I am sure they will have a few things

I remember controls - it was not intuitive, lots of LaPlace transforms and some serious looking differential equations

through variables and across variables

nightmares....shit - didn't think I remembered that

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there something in particular you do not understand?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Care to define that?
It's a big playground.
quote:
control systems

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RXJKdh1KZ0w" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I wonder how many takes it took for him to say all that with a straight face. Or, maybe he is a salesman.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RXJKdh1KZ0w" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I wonder how many takes it took for him to say all that with a straight face. Or, maybe he is a salesman.

They probably just got a guy with an IQ of 95, taught him how to read the words, and told him it was a serious commercial.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Care to define that?
It's a big playground.
quote:
control systems

Today's understatement of the day.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They probably just got a guy with an IQ of 95, taught him how to read the words, and told him it was a serious commercial.

Typical talking head or as my daughter the producer calls them, The Talent.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Is there something in particular you do not understand?

Yes sir bode plot by hand and the controller design PD, cascade and the like.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post