SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody know where to find some understandable control systems tutorials?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody know where to find some understandable control systems tutorials? Login/Join 
posted
I have been searching high and low for this type of material. I am currently taking a class, and I am having my ass handed to me on a silver platter. Any advice would help, I tried youtube but my professor makes the problems harder than what I am able to find. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am on Bode plots now.

Thanks

Posts: 1241 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
can you share which text you are using now?

Posts: 6009 | Location: Mom's Basement | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, the text I had in Controls was by Ogata - at the time considered The Bible

you might want to consider hunting down the Open Courseware link to the MIT engineering library - I am sure they will have a few things

I remember controls - it was not intuitive, lots of LaPlace transforms and some serious looking differential equations

through variables and across variables

nightmares....shit - didn't think I remembered that

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but rather when you have your foot firmly on the enemies neck

"I'm only myself when I have a guitar in my hands." - George Harrison

Posts: 43742 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there something in particular you do not understand?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1007 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Care to define that?
It's a big playground.
quote:
control systems

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 2954 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 6788 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RXJKdh1KZ0w" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I wonder how many takes it took for him to say all that with a straight face. Or, maybe he is a salesman.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of exx1976
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RXJKdh1KZ0w" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I wonder how many takes it took for him to say all that with a straight face. Or, maybe he is a salesman.

They probably just got a guy with an IQ of 95, taught him how to read the words, and told him it was a serious commercial.

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win.

Posts: 15367 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Care to define that?
It's a big playground.
quote:
control systems

Today's understatement of the day.

“Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat.” - Vince Vaughn

Posts: 2138 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They probably just got a guy with an IQ of 95, taught him how to read the words, and told him it was a serious commercial.

Typical talking head or as my daughter the producer calls them, The Talent.

A poor widows son.

Posts: 1893 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Is there something in particular you do not understand?

Yes sir bode plot by hand and the controller design PD, cascade and the like.

Posts: 1241 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post