SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corrine Brown found guilty on fraud and tax evasion charges
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corrine Brown found guilty on fraud and tax evasion charges Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What the hell? So, lemme git dis skrait...

According to the OP video, not only do Congressional Reps enrich themselves at the tit of big govt. and lobbyists, not only do they have legal insider trading deals, not only do they work a minimal # of days per year and receive a generous pension and healthcare benefits immune from Obamacare and Social Security...but they spend what little time they are in Congress prattling on about a stupid football team? Who gives a flying F? You want to talk about some stupid team go to a tailgate party.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Is sharpton next?

I wish!

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
More Amazing...The fools who continue to vote folks like her INTO Office....again, and again and AGAIN.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'd wait for the sentencing before getting all happy. We are dealing with someone who has been a master at playing the race card for years. You never know what is going to happen.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I guess the prayers to St. Alcee Hastings, for help in her hour of need, went unanswered.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
Corch Urban Maya can't even help her. Go Gata!

You mean Irvin Maya!
Can we get this merged with the Tim Tivo thread? Big Grin

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I wonder who she pissed off so badly that she, a genetically predisposed high dermal eumelanin content female Democratic career politician from a gerrymandered district was not only indicted, but convicted of tax fraud. Time and time again similar individuals skated on such charges.

Someone decided she really deserved to be made an example out of.

It was more a case of she was no longer useful.

Her district has always been drawn to keep her in office. At some point it was only a few blocks wide as it ran from NW Jacksonville down towards Orlando. If you look up gerrymandering the dictionary it shows a picture of her district.

A few years ago we the people voted an amendment that required all districts line to be drawn following city, county, state or natural boundaries.

After losing multiple court challenges, her district changed. She lost the primaries so she can no longer provide a guaranteed vote for the party. Why waste political clout protecting stupid.

I doubt she will ever make it to jail (although her potential max sentence is around 355ish years)
They will appeal this for years until she dies or they can make a deal that lets her get away with probation or house arrest at best. Doesn't matter, she's a crook, she's ruined, and now the whole world knows it.

What a great day.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Definitely an unexpected outcome, but very welcomed in my home. Now drop her down a hole for a looooooooong time.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It makes me sick to know people like this have any voice in our country. Can't even speak English.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Gerrymandered district: The League of Women Voters were responsible for the Constitutional Amendment that Spinzone referred to. Our esteemed legislature, fine gentlemen and ladies all, fought it tooth and nail. They lost. Brown is gone. We the peeps won one.

Charity for the po' chillin : The "charity" she was convicted of pilfering was a charity in name only. It was created solely as a way for special interests to bribe her. I suspect many politicians have such "charities".

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I really want to see sharpton do the perp walk. Puh-leez!

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
"Fo' shizzle, ma nizzle!"

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Charity for the po' chillin : The "charity" she was convicted of pilfering was a charity in name only. It was created solely as a way for special interests to bribe her. I suspect many politicians have such "charities".

You mean like POSHitlary?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
How is thi any different than the Clinton Foundation?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
If it's not reported on CNN then does that mean it didn't happen? Those pathetic bastards.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"I see suits of orange,
and handcuffs too.
Put on all of them,
for me and you.
And I think to myself,
what a wonderful world.

Ohhhhhhhhh.... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Dem racist ass crackers at the justice department.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Hope justice will be served and that she will receive punishment equal to her multiple crimes.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
"Among the mistakes Brown said she had made included focusing too much on her busy congressional job and not paying enough attention to herself. For several years, she testified, she has missed out on Social Security payments because she was unaware she was eligible.

But, she testified repeatedly, she is no criminal.

“That’s not who I am,” she said."

Citation

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Shit like that infuriates me.

I am "eligible" for all sorts of "entitlements".

But I do not take them, because I don't require them to survive, and it leaves them for people who can truely benefit and have no other means.

I always hope that others in situations like me, do the same, so that those who are not in a similar place, and who need such support, can avail themselves of such things.

Parasites like that "woman", make me want to pull out the matches and tweezers...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post