SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I met a fan of the US today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I met a fan of the US today Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mr Trump are you a general?

No. I am not a general.

To the subject, it is nice to find USA fans. I think fair minded people the world over can see through the false narratives to the soul of America and recognize our will to be free and promote such for others. Like tasting a sweet fruit, the first instinct is to have others taste it too.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Americans take America for granted at times.

I find that to be very true. I'm an immigrant and I certainly do not take this country for granted. I've bled for my country and I will give my life for my country.

I believe that all Americans should live elsewhere for 2 years. Somewhere where there is real poverty.

My father, also an immigrant, said to me, "Son, in America, there's no such thing as poor people but there's such a thing as lazy people."

Having been overseas a couple of times, there are a lot of people who would give all their earthly possessions and family to live here because of the opportunity this great country gives you.

Seems that most of the people who complain about this country have never been outside of the US and refuse to leave the US despite this place being so awful.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
parabellum,

Just wondering: Are you one of the moderators?

My question is not to challenge, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks!

Just FYI, he literally owns the joint. What he says goes.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, I am not a moderator.

It's a trap! Big Grin

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

I find that to be very true. I'm an immigrant and I certainly do not take this country for granted. I've bled for my country and I will give my life for my country.

I believe that all Americans should live elsewhere for 2 years. Somewhere where there is real poverty.

My father, also an immigrant, said to me, "Son, in America, there's no such thing as poor people but there's such a thing as lazy people."

Having been overseas a couple of times, there are a lot of people who would give all their earthly possessions and family to live here because of the opportunity this great country gives you.

Seems that most of the people who complain about this country have never been outside of the US and refuse to leave the US despite this place being so awful.

There are few thoughts that I remember having when I was very young. One in particular I distinctly remember; it was how lucky I felt to be born in this country. To me at that very young age (and I'm talking kindergarten age) I felt like I had won the lottery when I started learning about the rest of the world. I have to wonder if children nowadays still overwhelmingly feel that way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum,

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, I am not a moderator.

OMG LOL ROTFL ICBTSRH HFTWTA THTMMDWMY SSSFFFM !!!!

(Oh my God, Laughing Out Loud, Rolling On The Floor Laughing, I Can't Belive This Shit Really Happened,
Holy Fuck That Was Totally Awesome, This Has Totally Made My Day Week Month Year,
Screen Shot Saved For Fond Future Memories)

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum,

I nominate that the little words under "Parabellum" be changed to "Not a moderator"
Big Grin

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I have to wonder if children nowadays still overwhelmingly feel that way.

I doubt it when children are fed through the indoctrination machine known as public education.

Children are taught to hate America and that we are to blame for the problems of the world. That we are a hateful people towards one another with cops shooting blacks and systemic racism holding people back.

People take Facebook, cnn, etc. at face value.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Love the sentiments of the Israeli you met. I just wish the American Jews would stop already with the support for that party which wants Israel destroyed.

I honestly don’t get it. Perhaps it’s just social liberalism, tradition, or inertia.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I saw no reason to label it ,just a bunch of pretty ladies and nicely dressed.
Oh and to the complainer,should you be working and not cencering the forum folk.

Agree. Attractive lady, but nothing inappropriate. Surely we are not restricted to only posting links to ugly women.

Apparently neither one of you scrolled far enough down. Full on frontal nudity (not of Gal). And I'm not complaining about it, just asking the poster to be prudent and do his due diligence.

Dammit! You made me scroll for at least 20-30 pages looking for the bare headlights and found nothing.. Confused Razz

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum,

Thanks!

Para is the SIGforum owner...The Boss

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He's bona fide...

He's the damn paterfamilias!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

I believe that all Americans should live elsewhere for 2 years. Somewhere where there is real poverty. My father, also an immigrant, said to me, "Son, in America, there's no such thing as poor people but there's such a thing as lazy people."

I did that. What an absolute shocker it was for me. Not the same as going and spectating from an insulated 5 star hotel. Live the same poverty, experience the same lack and wallow in the same filth. Then you'll know what you are made of and why people are desperate to leave it.

Per my experience, there are no comparably poor people in the US. Our homeless get close, but they can escape anytime they want. True destitute people are trapped by various forces in their desolation. Our welfare class lives better than the middle class of the third world cesspool I lived in. Air conditioning, television, food, shelter, clothing, clean water, sanitation, obama phones, hoopties...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I saw no reason to label it ,just a bunch of pretty ladies and nicely dressed.
Oh and to the complainer,should you be working and not cencering the forum folk.

Agree. Attractive lady, but nothing inappropriate. Surely we are not restricted to only posting links to ugly women.

Apparently neither one of you scrolled far enough down. Full on frontal nudity (not of Gal). And I'm not complaining about it, just asking the poster to be prudent and do his due diligence.

Dammit! You made me scroll for at least 20-30 pages looking for the bare headlights and found nothing.. Confused Razz

Yup, frustrating for sure. Didn't see a bare tit after feverously scrolling for like 5 minutes. I just gave up, curled up in the fetal position, and dreamt of boobs. Can't take that from me...yet.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum,

Thanks!

Oy vey!!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My wife is from Japan. She goes back sometimes for business trips and to see family. But has lived more of her life here than there. She says there is no place like America.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I had a nice/brief conversation with a shuttle bus driver at Dulles airport today. We were comparing weather, etc.

He said he loved winter but had been in DC area for just 2 years. He had an accent I couldn’t quite place over the road noise. Turns out he was from Iraq but went to college in Europe where he developed a love for winter weather.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
He's bona fide...

He's the damn paterfamilias!

^^^^^^
Great movie and accurately stated as well as it pertains to the question.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I love Israel. I love the concept of Israel. I love the people of Israel who have the courage and tenacity to insist on what is right regardless of consequence. So I say, HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Same here! God bless them for their support, for their fortitude and their willingness to fight for their rights and freedom.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tgtshuter:
quote:
parabellum,

Thanks!

Oy vey!!

Curiosity kills.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post