SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remington back up and running: new website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington back up and running: new website Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I check periodically to see what's going on. Found this:

https://www.remarms.com/

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No tac-13 - I wonder if they will ever produce that again.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
From their corporate history page:

"Sure, we crapped on the oldest name in American firearms and turned a proud company into a joke, but that was yesterday..."

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:

It's listed under "Other Products"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Wingmaster is back, I wonder how much those are going to run

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:

It's listed under "Other Products"

Thank you! Good to know.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I hope they make more magazines for the Tac-14 DM. I actually prefer the size and profile more than the Mossberg Shockwave 590M. It didn't hurt they were blowing the Tac-14 DM out at the end of last year. I understand the purists may not have an interest in that model.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS had an 870 for sale in the new rack but their inventory is so thin I assumed it was used because some used stuff is going there to make it look like they have stuff for sale. But nope they said they just got it from their distributor. Good thing be used shot shells are the only thing available to shoot these days. I wish the new big green luck.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just hope they start making ammunition again. I never liked their dirty ammo, but maybe, just maybe that'll free up some of the better range ammo demand like Federal.......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The old Remington and its subsidiaries were split up and acquired by several entities this past Sept. Ammo production was down for only a very brief period. Check out Remington.com, now owned by the ammo division that was acquired. They’ve been running full tilt for months now.

I’m excited that Ruger acquired Marlin, the price of which seemed like a steal.

Appreciate learning that the New Remington is making firearms again and hope the Sportsmen's group that purchased the old, flailing company is focusing on quality + innovation. I’m looking forward to finding a V3 model shotgun sometime in the future.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
The website isn't very well designed. If you choose barrel length and leave the rest of the search terms at "All" you can find a ton of firearms not shown on their front page. Models like the V3 Tactical and a Wingmaster trap edition can be found for example.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
The website isn't very well designed. If you choose barrel length and leave the rest of the search terms at "All" you can find a ton of firearms not shown on their front page. Models like the V3 Tactical and a Wingmaster trap edition can be found for example.

Given that I clicked on "Recent news" and ran into a"whoops, nothing here" page I don't think all of the kinks have been worked out yet.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the website is a work in progress, like Marlin's current website.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks. Remington screwed me once too often.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see any mention of their “warranty?” I couldn’t find anything.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were screwed once they started down the Private Equity rabbit hole.

Non-gun people making the decisions. Emphasis on doing everything on the cheap so as to make things look as good as possible short-term.

It leads to nowhere good.

Other than Marlin getting bought by Ruger, I lost track of who bought what from the old company.

Hopefully there are actual firearms industry people now running the various bits.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Jimmo, Palmetto State Armory seems to have a very different corporate philosophy. The same seems to be true for Sierra, and maybe Federal. I'm kinda hoping for good stuff there. Scroll down a little bit for the list.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal...nkruptcy/5903341002/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Jimmo, Palmetto State Armory seems to have a very different corporate philosophy. The same seems to be true for Sierra, and maybe Federal. I'm kinda hoping for good stuff there. Scroll down a little bit for the list.

Thank you Il Cattivo!

Yes. I agree it looks promising.

Fingers crossed.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

That list is incorrect in this respect: the Roundhill Group that bought Remington Arms is not a real estate company. There is a real estate company called Roundhill, but that's not the company that bought Remington Arms. The Roundhill Group and Roundhill (real estate) and totally different entities. That perpetual error has been corrected in other articles. That error has led to speculation that Roundhill only bought Remington from the building and the land.