SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everybody Lies: FBI Edition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everybody Lies: FBI Edition Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
End of interview.

Fwiw.

Unless the case merits it, two (2) agents usually means that one of them is a rookie learning the ropes. Most of the time, unless the rookie is extraordinarily excited, the rookie will keep to himself/herself.

It's a "classroom". The rookie is there to observe and learn.

And btw, yes, agents are trained repeatedly to ask the correct questions, in the correct order, and the correct way. They have it boiled down to a science. The good ones see it as an art form.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think Hillary's responses included statements to the agents conducting the interview like "I hear from closely placed sources that you've been seriously depressed lately, likely suicidal" and "Would you like some photos of your children playing at school yesterday"

quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
FBI: Mr. Shaql are you ready to testify?
Me: Yes.
FBI: What were you doing on the date in question?
Me: I don't recall.
FBI: Fine, who were you with?
FBI: Mr. Shaql you said you'd cooperate.
ME: Yes, I am cooperating, I'm here to answer all your questions.
Mr. Shaql's lawyer: Mr. Shaql is here to answer any and all questions and is fully cooperating with the FBI.
FBI: Mr. Shaql, on the date in ques...
FBI: Your honor, ple...

I thought Hillary's interview was not recorded???

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I started my AF career on missile crew (ICBMs). Every year we replaced the authentication codes--the real deal go to nuke war codes.
My commander and I (I was a butter bar) get back to base and go up to the vault where eleventeen people verify and re-verify everything.
The lead EWO (emergency war order) guy pulls out one of the cookies and says, "this is partially open". That is BAD. Real BAD. Go to Leavenworth BAD.
He reads us our rights and ask if we want a lawyer. Knowing we had not mishandled them we both said no. He proceeds to start to grill us until he has had enough fun then breaks the cookie the rest of the way open. We shit ourselves, but it was a training cookie and we had not paid attention to his slight of hand (another lesson).
After all that, he gave us the best advice ever, and I have not forgotten it.
"If you are EVER read your rights, STFU and ask for your lawyer".

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:

"If you are EVER read your rights, STFU and ask for your lawyer".

Yup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We too had classified crypto. After a mission me and the other guy brought it all back. The crypto guys checked it, as did we, 16 hours after checking it out, all good to go. Go back to BOQ to sleep, woke up a few hours later to be told they found a problem. My partner who had been around the block a few times was basically, nope, not signing anything, we checked it in, you checked it over, those are all of our signatures, go fuck yourselves. He made a bunch of enemies and one friend for life that morning.

Get a lawyer, don’t say shit or sign anything without one.

Posts: 7456 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Anyone who doesn't know this inherently should not be handling guns, much less be on a firearms site.

The third rule of post-incident action is:

When Responding Officers Arrive

Explain: "I was attacked, feared for my life & had to defend myself."
Identify: Point out evidence and witnesses.
Medical: Request medical attention, if necessary.
Silence: "I will cooperate 100%, but first I need my attorney." (Do not talk further without your lawyer present.)
Comply: Expect to be handcuffed by police for safety reasons.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Fascinating. Any other advice when dealing with any law enforcement?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Well, Hillary seemed to come out of HER interview ok.

And she probably lied.

Probably lied? Are you kidding me? I suspect she is physically incapable of telling the truth.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any other advice when dealing with any law enforcement?

Don't do the time if you can't do the crime.

Leave no witnesses.

Destroy all incriminating evidence but take the cannoli.

A selfie taken whilst the commission can serve as a charming memento and the basis for a lovely Christmas card.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post