SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PC Backup Software - ***Updated to include an offer***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PC Backup Software - ***Updated to include an offer*** Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
I use Acronis on all my pc's and laptops. Works great and also has a cloud storage option available to backup to if you want that option.

Also use it for cloning when switched old regular drives to SSD drives. Would highly recommend. I am sure there are others, but Acronis has worked flawlessly for me.

Another vote for Acronis. Been using it for about 10 years. I always make a backup image of every new computer. Makes reinstall so much easier. I do incremental backups to both another internal drive and an external drive I remove when not in use. I use incremental backups which starts with a full backup then only backs up changes since last full backup then does a full every 5th backup. It will nag me if I haven't done a backup recently which I like. Backups have saved me many times!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Re: "I use incremental backups which starts with a full backup then only backs up changes since last full backup then does a full every 5th backup."

I'm a Mac guy, and use Apple's built-in TimeMachine for backups. The first backup is a full backup, but after that EVERY backup is incremental, saving only files that have changed, or have been added, since the last backup. But a sophisticated indexing system gives the effect that every backup is a full backup. I assume that there is similar backup software for PCs.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Used to use Acronis Workstation but several years ago, I switched to Macrium Reflect.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Just curious, if you were to suggest a paid for product, what would it be? Any thoughts about Acronis or Macrium Reflect?

Paid product for a desktop I would use Acronis True Image 2017 True Image 2017, (I am an Acronis partner but mostly do Server backups). Acronis has one of the most efficient and fastest backup engines on the planet. True Image is very versatile for a variety of backup strategies.
For anyone interested, Newegg is running a promo deal right now where you can acquire the three pc Acronis 2017 package for free for a couple more days.

Go to this link Acronis 2017 - 3 PC, and buy it using the following promo code EMCRJBF44 which will remove the $9.99 you'd owe beyond the rebate offer. Mail in the rebate form and when your rebate arrives you'll have received the software for free.

Don't know if this will eventually be my backup solution of choice (testing VEEAM on my laptop now), but couldn't pass up the chance to get and test Acronis for free.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post