SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Wall Is Being Built! (Slowly.)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wall Is Being Built! (Slowly.) Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure a see through wall is as good as a double wall with a well patrolled no mans land between.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall libtards screeching about how Trump fooled his base by promising a wall and not delivering...I expect the screeching will shift in a new direction haha!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15572 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Stupid waste of tax payer money.... will not fix or solve a thing... other than give some folks jobs.

The wall is just a tool to make apprehension easier. It’s like designing an ambush in the military. You lay mine fields and strand concertina wire to direct your enemiy’s movements, forcing him to come through your kill zone. The wall serves a similar purpose, requiring the crossers into a more heavily patrolled area.

Besides, walls have been proven to work. The wall south of San Diego has practically eliminated illegal crossings there. Also, they have proven immensely successful in Israel. So why do you say they are a waste of money?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stupid waste of tax payer money.... will not fix or solve a thing... other than give some folks jobs.

Then let’s see you fucking climb it, superhero.

We had to explain math to one poster already, now let’s see you explain the physics of the issue and how stupid it is, to all the rest of us. Let’s see you scale any one of the prototypes.

Tired of this empty-headed response from the fucking liberals and it is embarrassing to hear it parroted from people who are supposed to be on our side. Physical barriers are physical barriers. If you don’t have them, you don’t have them. Climb up the wall and show us how useless it is. Roll Eyes

GMAFB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexico refuses to respect our Border.

Why not close the border completely to vehicular/ pedestrian traffic. You want to go to Mexico fly or get on a ship, same coming into the USA.

Same idea as entering along a sea coast.

Land ports could be built for tractor trailer commerce. Items shipping to Mexico or entering the USA would drop their trailers and turn around on both sides, just like a sea port.

Then stop the transfer of funds to Mexico except for commerce, a US citizen with proof of citizenship, or a tourist drawing funds from their personal account. Why is this not viable option? Even if not perfectly implemented this and the wall puts a major crimp in reasons/ability to enter the USA illegally.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'll go one better: Fuck Mexico.

Says this native El Pasoan who, as a pinche gringo, got ignored and slandered, spat upon as a child by an adult, and chased down the street by a gang of Mexicans shouting in not English and was grateful that day for the rollerblade speed advantage and the street hockey stick, which really needs no explaining. All because pinche gringo y reconquista.

We need a fucking wall. Mebbe some of you in South Carolina have no concept of the how's and why's, and that's fine, just know you're ignorant and wrong. Mexico can, and will pay for it. That's all.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'll say this: We need a wall, and it needs to happen whether Mexico pays for it or not (but they will). As a taxpayer, I would be happy to help pay for it. Read that last line five times, if you need to. I know a thing or two about the border situation and have the opinions I have, formed from experience, not conversation or rhetoric.

If you disagree, you haven't lived close enough to the problem to understand it. It really all boils down to that: ignorance.

Don't do the same shit the left does about guns and run your mouth about stuff you know not a thing about. Doesn't help us, only helps them.

Pardon me, if this is all I heard:
quote:
Is that the shoulder thing that goes up?

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
We could save a lot of money if we paid illegal day labors to do the work.

We just need to make sure they're on the proper side when the last section goes up. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
No apologies, and I’ll go one further: we need a wall the same way we need guns.

It’s that simple for me.

posted Hide Post
I learned many years ago how US Steel managed to solve a whole bunch of problems by writing each on a 3X5 cars, shuffling them, putting them is a the drawer, Taking out the top one and solved that problem until taking out the last card.
I think a single bill for securing that border should be put before congress. That will show who is for an open border and who is for making our nation safe.
No other related bills introduced until that problem is solved.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
two fences, every two hundred yards build a machine gun tower, paint a red line, staff the border with soldiers, give them weapons free between the lines. Chain link fencing is cheap, we, as taxpayers are already funding the soldiers and have already paid for the guns and ammo.

The money the illegals suck from our system and the money they earn and ship back home will more than pay for the wall in less than five years.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Concrete is even cheaper than manpower and we’ve already got a chain link fence. Build the fucking wall.

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Bionic is correct, but I'll simplify it even more:

If a few hundred thousand jobs are filled by legal U.S. workers instead of a few hundred thousand guys named Juan, then 100% of the wages from those jobs will stay in the U.S. economy, fueling businesses and yielding tax revenue. As it is, a high percentage of those wages (to illegals) are not taxed and are expatriated back to the third-world cesspool the illegals came from.

If Mexico isn't getting the $$$ they might otherwise get, and that $$$ fuels the U.S. Government, then yes: Several hundred thousand dudes named Juan just paid for the wall.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The promise was that the mexican government would pay for it.

I have no doubt, one way or another, the mexicans are or will be paying for the wall. POTUS Trump is no dummie. He'll find a way to make it cheaper for them to pay for the wall rather than not.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post