SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had to Deliver a Death Kick Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to Deliver a Death Kick Today Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Actually, two kicks in a row.

Walking to my car, and it was a scene as big as life (maybe that's not the best way to express it). He was lying in the center of the parking lot, surrounded by his mates. Bleeding profusely, must have been a hit-and-run in broad daylight. Half his side was smashed in. But you could see his little chest heaving slow and labored. He was still alive. And I could see in his eyes in unbelievable pain.

His mates didn't seem to know what to do. There were several uninvolved bystanders watching the whole thing. Nobody was doing anything, even a security guard. I took great pity on the little guy. I know what pain feels like.

I acted without hesitation. The first kick was a thrust to his heart/lung area. It was a clean, solid kick, all body and no asphalt. He stopped moving, but I had to be sure. The second thrust was a knife-edge to his throat area. Again, clean shot, all neck, no ground. The second kick whipped his head around 180°, like a scene from The Exorcist. It was finished. People were still watching the spectacle, but saying nothing. I left the scene.

He was just a pigeon, but he was one of God's creatures. Didn't deserve to suffer like that. Didn't think there'd be rescue organizations like for his raptor cousins. I wonder if someday someone will take pity on me like that.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In time of crisis, a hero often emerges.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It was your honor to ease his suffering. Kirisute gomen.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Ahhh. Tis' the circle of life. Real men don't need to be told what needs doing. They simply act.

At least you didn't set his horns on fire and watch him dance around in terror and pain until he killed himself.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Did you tell the crowd that he is in Vahalla now?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Did it seem to alarm the secoority guard when you constructed and then lit the funeral pyre?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Big Grin

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You murderer.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Speaking of death, looking at your avatar and trying to read it, I am thinkning the Inkan says:

"When the aliens arive in their ship, we will be Kushiyaki."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I just read the OP's post out loud to Mrs. Mike....in an almost William Shatner voice.....

she's laughing even harder about YooperSig's remark!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I just read the OP's post out loud to Mrs. Mike....in an almost William Shatner voice.....

she's laughing even harder about YooperSig's remark!

Perfect! I was pretty much going for a Shatner. He would have kicked with both feet at the same time, though.

"He...was...still...alive."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this thread. Made my day. Thank you for the kindness afforded that fellow.

Mr. Monkey, if I read it correctly, it probably says, "we are already all kushiyaki!" Wink

OP, sir, IIRC, I am your kaishakunin... Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Perfect! I was pretty much going for a Shatner. He would have kicked with both feet at the same time, though.

Kicking with both feet at the same time wouldn't be Shatner, it would be the Zohan. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thanks for this thread. Made my day. Thank you for the kindness afforded that fellow.

Mr. Monkey, if I read it correctly, it probably says, "we are already all kushiyaki!" Wink

I'm not saying it was aliens, but...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Dude !

You're absolutely correct !!!

Your kanji skills are amazing Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have killed many of his cousins, and when they weren't killed outright by my cloud of lead, I provided a quick and painless dispatch.

May they all meet in the celestial sunflower fields.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

I remember. Your enthusiasm is, uh, well-noted.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'm not saying it was aliens, but...

Those pics are just eerily close. Eerily.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post