SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shop Updates W/ Pictures, & Current workload!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Shop Updates W/ Pictures, & Current workload! Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I know some of you guys like the updates I occasionally post on my shop, the cars I have in, and what we do throughout the week. In addition to cars, I recently hired a composited guy to do a lot of "stuff" in carbon (intakes, body pieces, etc), it was nice to find out he is also a gun guy and knife guy, etc. So, being the enterprising man that I am, had him start on some cool knife and gun projects Razz I had started a thread a little while back on some knives I am having him make. I'm pretty excited with how they're turning out so I wanted to share again. The carbon sheath is alcantara lined and still needs a few more layers of resin to get a perfectly uniform, smooth look. I'm up in the air on the leather one, although the contrast between the carbon and leather is kinda' cool. The knives are also not 100% done, and still need more polishing.







And a few for the car guys!

Aventador SV roadster in for tuning and exhaust work [I'm fairly certain I have had more SV's come through my shop than some dealerships haha]. The AMG GT is in for carbon fiber intake and engine bay panel R&D, as well as exhaust and tuning.. I have an AMG GTR coming at the end of the month that I want the parts ready for, so we borrowed this car from a client to hammer out the details... the blue M5 holds a few records, we did bigger turbos, nitrous, methanol, ice tank, etc. the E92 M3 has a VF 650hp supercharger kit,long tube headers with Akrapovic Titanium exhaust, etc. We're doing a methanol system and Brembo GT kit.. the e63 we just wrapped up an ESS Supercharger kit on as well as tuning, long tube headers, etc. Alpina is in for new intercoolers and to redesign the intakes, more on that below. all in all a pretty hectic month so far!


The AMG GT and Aventador SV-R (Roadster)



and a peek behind the curtain on the CF process.. These intakes are made of stainless and bondo to get the shape perfect, once perfect we make a 2 part mold, lay the pre-preg carbon and bake them for 4-ish hours in our 10x10' oven (the process is a little more involved than that, but you get the idea.)

anyways, this is them in the bondo stage two days ago:


this was just now.. they're ready for the mold process to begin!:



the M5 and M3 (and a 535 we're replacing the motor on)


M5 trunk; nitrous setup (sans tank), dedicated fuel cell for the nitrous setup, ice tank, meth setup, etc)



E63 that got the supercharger treatment, on the dyno.


A B7 Alpina we did bigger turbos and supporting mod's on (the owner came to us wanting to run 10's. We delivered! Eek )


and my personal favorite.. a Rallye Green M4 (as far as I can tell, it's the only one in the country!)


Thanks for the continued interest in my crazy work life!


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!
One question about the CF knives...do they hold an edge or is it just for show?
They must be super light...


------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Building high performance custom homes on beautiful Smith Mt. Lake, VA
www.PDandM.com
 
Posts: 3305 | Location: SML & OBX | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Drooling over that E63.
Make sure to post up some shots of the AMG GTR when it comes in.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 5312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Beautiful!
One question about the CF knives...do they hold an edge or is it just for show?
They must be super light...


They're more "stabby" than "cuttey" knives (those are the technical terms). The edges get pretty sharp, but you're not going to be cutting sheets of paper with them. The one weighs 3.1oz, and the other is exactly an oz.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Drooling over that E63.
Make sure to post up some shots of the AMG GTR when it comes in.


Here's an e63 money shot for ya'!


And Of course I'll post pictures of the GTR. As well as my driving impressions! Smile


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
the E92 M3 has a VF 650hp supercharger kit,long tube headers with Akrapovic Titanium exhaust, etc.


I need at least one drool-worth snap from this. I'd never have the balls to pull the trigger on that for my lowly E92 M3 since I need it to last, well, forever. But still, a fellow can dream!



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 7643 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
So freaking cool. I'm happy to see you can work your passion as well as make a few bucks.

How do you like the AMG GT vs the old SLS?? The old 6.3 V8 vs the new 4.0 V8? I can't help but think that lower displacement equals less vrroomm, vrroomm. Obviously not the case.

My daily driver is an old Civic Si, so I'm well grounded in reality Wink. I did however get to experience the AMG Driving Academy at Laguna Seca........twice. I spent time in all the 6.3 AMGs (c, e, sl, sls, clk black). And I rented a 911 4S at the Porsche Museum. Fun stuff.


P229
 
Posts: 2291 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Wow. I love your posts.


____________________________
Yes, Para does appreciate humor.
 
Posts: 6316 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
the E92 M3 has a VF 650hp supercharger kit,long tube headers with Akrapovic Titanium exhaust, etc.


I need at least one drool-worth snap from this. I'd never have the balls to pull the trigger on that for my lowly E92 M3 since I need it to last, well, forever. But still, a fellow can dream!


Yessir! The cars got the carbon roof, comp package, dinan goodies, super low miles, etc. it's one of the nicest e9x m3's I've ever see.



Dinan throttle bodies:


SSP clutches and billet pan, ARH long tube headers and Akrapovic titanium midpipe and mufflers:


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
So freaking cool. I'm happy to see you can work your passion as well as make a few bucks.

How do you like the AMG GT vs the old SLS?? The old 6.3 V8 vs the new 4.0 V8? I can't help but think that lower displacement equals less vrroomm, vrroomm. Obviously not the case.

My daily driver is an old Civic Si, so I'm well grounded in reality Wink. I did however get to experience the AMG Driving Academy at Laguna Seca........twice. I spent time in all the 6.3 AMGs (c, e, sl, sls, clk black). And I rented a 911 4S at the Porsche Museum. Fun stuff.


Nothing wrong with an Si, as far as front wheel drive goes, they're an awesome drivers car! For the Mercedes, I think the new biturbo motors are some of the best on the market. They make stupid power with the most minor tweaks. With bigger turbos and what not they are absolute monsters. I'm not totally sold on the looks of the amg GT. I think it's kinda feminine compared to the sls and slr, although the old 300sl's are my favorite car in history (silver with red interior, knock off wheels, no bumpers and the optional luggage and I'm in heaven.)so I'm likely a bit biased.

This car:



With no bumpers like this one... mmmmmmm yes please:


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful work.
You are a true craftsman.
 
Posts: 1659 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Gullwing is my absolute grail car.
I got lucky enough to get a ride in what was claimed to be the last '57 produced. Amazing how much of a shove it gives for a 60 year old 3.0 I6.

For me: Gullwing > SLR McLaren > AMG GT/GTR > SLS

Never could warm up to the looks of the SLS.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 5312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Absolutely beautiful work.
You are a true craftsman.


Thank you sir, but I'm the last person you'd want touching your car! I do have some true craftsmen that work for me though! For example... I have no freaking clue what he's doing Razz



------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:





An original piece of 300SL luggage exceeds the value of most Hondas these day.

If I'm every in SE PA, I'm going to stop by. I'm an average self-taught gear head (my hobby car is our family's 1959 Impala convertible), but you're on another level with these high end toys.

When the lottery comes through, I'd love an E63 wagon and a 911 4S manual.


P229
 
Posts: 2291 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Gullwing is my absolute grail car.
I got lucky enough to get a ride in what was claimed to be the last '57 produced. Amazing how much of a shove it gives for a 60 year old 3.0 I6.

For me: Gullwing > SLR McLaren > AMG GT/GTR > SLS

Never could warm up to the looks of the SLS.


If you have the time and inclination, I strongly suggest Car Week in monterey. I used to go for work every year up until 2 years ago. There are 300sl's just EVERYWHERE. Head over the Laguna Seca for the historics races. I watched a shelby daytona coupe crash before my eyes, but otherwise, watching 300sl's, F40's etc. racing is breathtaking.

Heres a few I got from 2012 or 13




and a few randoms



and some I took with a real camera


(oh, you know... just a 1.5mm dollar + 959 cruising the street)


well worth the money to attend, and if you plan a year out, the cost isn't astronomical


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:





An original piece of 300SL luggage exceeds the value of most Hondas these day.

If I'm every in SE PA, I'm going to stop by. I'm an average self-taught gear head (my hobby car is our family's 1959 Impala convertible), but you're on another level with these high end toys.

When the lottery comes through, I'd love an E63 wagon and a 911 4S manual.


good luck finding the luggage for sale!

and the shop is actually across the bridge in NJ, but you're more than welcome if ever out this way!


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Gullwing is my absolute grail car.
I got lucky enough to get a ride in what was claimed to be the last '57 produced. Amazing how much of a shove it gives for a 60 year old 3.0 I6.

For me: Gullwing > SLR McLaren > AMG GT/GTR > SLS

Never could warm up to the looks of the SLS.


If you have the time and inclination, I strongly suggest Car Week in monterey. I used to go for work every year up until 2 years ago. There are 300sl's just EVERYWHERE. Head over the Laguna Seca for the historics races. I watched a shelby daytona coupe crash before my eyes, but otherwise, watching 300sl's, F40's etc. racing is breathtaking.

well worth the money to attend, and if you plan a year out, the cost isn't astronomical


Will have to look into it. Laguna Seca is a track I'd love to turn some laps on as well. COTA is closer, but Laguna Seca is higher on my list.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 5312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Gullwing is my absolute grail car.
I got lucky enough to get a ride in what was claimed to be the last '57 produced. Amazing how much of a shove it gives for a 60 year old 3.0 I6.

For me: Gullwing > SLR McLaren > AMG GT/GTR > SLS

Never could warm up to the looks of the SLS.


If you have the time and inclination, I strongly suggest Car Week in monterey. I used to go for work every year up until 2 years ago. There are 300sl's just EVERYWHERE. Head over the Laguna Seca for the historics races. I watched a shelby daytona coupe crash before my eyes, but otherwise, watching 300sl's, F40's etc. racing is breathtaking.

well worth the money to attend, and if you plan a year out, the cost isn't astronomical


Will have to look into it. Laguna Seca is a track I'd love to turn some laps on as well. COTA is closer, but Laguna Seca is higher on my list.


COTA is a way nicer track, Laguna Seca is just more historically significant.. that's not to say it isnt a badass track.


------------------------------------

135
├┼┼╕
246R
 
Posts: 3757 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:





An original piece of 300SL luggage exceeds the value of most Hondas these day.

If I'm every in SE PA, I'm going to stop by. I'm an average self-taught gear head (my hobby car is our family's 1959 Impala convertible), but you're on another level with these high end toys.

When the lottery comes through, I'd love an E63 wagon and a 911 4S manual.


good luck finding the luggage for sale!

and the shop is actually across the bridge in NJ, but you're more than welcome if ever out this way!


A client showed me a pic of his 300. In place of the luggage was his firstborn in a basket



For some reason, Islamists are the only racist, sexist, homophobic theocrats the media can't summon outrage against.
 
Posts: 567 | Location: Surrounded by Mountains | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Amazing pictures thanks for sharing!
 
Posts: 372 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
When I go to sleep at night I dream about being you, seriously.

That looks like a dream job right there.




First In Last Out
 
Posts: 4079 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shop Updates W/ Pictures, & Current workload!

© SIGforum 2017