SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cut the cord... but I can’t get FOX News
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut the cord... but I can’t get FOX News Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

The swill that is "Mainstream Media News" is poison fer yer brain.

Brain-herpes. Was that the term?

It's almost as bad as anal leaches...almost!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox live streams on YouTube. But, I would suggest OAN One America News on YouTube. They are what fox once was. Really like them and can handle watching them for more than 5 minutes.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
Fox live streams on YouTube. But, I would suggest OAN One America News on YouTube. They are what fox once was. Really like them and can handle watching them for more than 5 minutes.

This!...subscribe...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/HWDlqriJY40

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was a news junkie for years - Fox on all the time -

stopped watching the news constantly about 3 years ago, went to perhaps 2 or 3 hours a day

now I am down to perhaps 2 or 3 hours a week

life is better

you don't NEED Fox...give it a few weeks and you will see...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
So what are y’all watching for news, when the need arises?? Again, I’m no news junkie.

I read the news now. There a few websites I visit that compile headlines that I select from. It is actually more efficient that way. If the article begins to opine, I stop reading and find another source. I also visit SIGforum. There are several here who link news and discuss. I listen to streaming news from my phone and/or tablet. OAN has become a source too. Another thing I do if I want to assimilate info but am too lazy to read is to hit youtube. I've subscribed to videocasters like Stefan Molyneux, Styxhexenhammer, Prager university, Ben Shapiro, Bill Whittle, Blonde in the Belly, David Horowitz..... and a few other bloggers who opinions I trust.

Honestly, there is no need for cable. I get far more for way less and my money does not subsidize Al Jazeera, the NFL nor any of the countless other destructive media sources

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Seems there's a boatload of video snippets on the Fox News website, and you can choose the topic there you want to see a video of, instead of waiting in real-time for something of interest.

I much prefer reading my news (from whatever source) to watching it anyway. Faster and any slant is much easier to detect/ignore.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
Try plugging in the coax cable to your tv directly, and then do a channel search with your tv. I cut off cable and went to internet net only last week and still get 70+ basic cable channels.

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I cut the cord last week, and when I turned my U-Verse boxes over to the UPS Store yesterday, they told me I was the 15th that day. (FYI, you just hand over your U-Verse equipment to UPS, and they handle boxing and shipping for you.)

I just got an Apple TV 4K HDR a few days ago, and with it, I am on the free trials of Hulu, Sling, Play Station Vue, and DirecTV now.

I still haven't made a decision which one I'll keep yet, but PS Vue and DirecTV Now will be what I will decide between. I just can't get used to the Sling guide.

I've been switching between each service so I can't remember if Fox News is on all of them with the packages I chose, but I will only watch occasionally anyway since I get my news from the net.

We also have Netflix and HBO Now, but I will drop HBO Now since Game of Thrones and Westworld seasons are over.

Also, I got bunny ears for local channels, and I am amazed just how good the digital broadcasts are.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
just stop, already.

your life is worse, not better, because you watch cable news.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
just stop, already.

How right you are! My almost 90 year old father-in-law watches Fox News for hours a day, and he doesn't understand why he is in such a bad mood all of the time. With constant news of the ever-marching-forward left, how can you not feel crappy all of the time.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

The swill that is "Mainstream Media News" is poison fer yer brain.

Brain-herpes. Was that the term?

It's almost as bad as anal leaches...almost!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your anal has eyes and bad teeth?!? Eek

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Iv'e been called and "ass-bite" a time or three.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
You can stream FOX News audio live on your smartphone with a SiriusXM radio subscription. I use it a lot, it gets you off of your ass and onto your feet so you can get things done.

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
just stop, already.

This, exactly. It's rancid horse-shit.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post