SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cut the cord... but I can’t get FOX News
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut the cord... but I can’t get FOX News Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
So I’m finally doing it. I’m keeping 100gb down Internet, but cutting off cable tv. I have a Tivo bolt, Apple TV and a Roku..and OTA of course. Only problem I’m running into is I can’t find a work around to watch FOX News. Oh there’s the FOX News app, but I want to watch LIVE. How do I accomplish this?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I went with PlayStation Vue which has FOX News in my area, however they recently raised their rates.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:... but I want to watch LIVE. ...

No, you don't.

You will understand in a few weeks, once the addiction has subsided.

Then you will find there is truth, and life and good things.

The swill that is "Mainstream Media News" is poison fer yer brain.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Watching fox live on youtube

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Have seen lots of Fox News live feeds on Youtube.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:

No, you don't.

NOOO, me wants it..me needs it!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
PS VUE has it! Thanks guys!

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, you don't.

This is the truth.

Trust me, after a very short time you will wonder how you ever watched that swill.

You couldn't pay me to sit for an hour and watch any network or cable news nonsense. I'd rather take bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brain-herpes. Was that the term?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
PS VUE has it! Thanks guys!

Don't even bother with PS3, it is really slow.
Definitely need PS4 for speed of changing channels.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

Brain-herpes. Was that the term?

Yeah. That's it. Worse than anything any G.I. ever faced....

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I went with PlayStation Vue which has FOX News in my area, however they recently raised their rates.

This, I think even their lowest plan has fox news. I have the $55 a month plan which includes every channel except hbo and cinemax, I'm very happy with it.

You might be able to stream fox right from their channel, see if apple tv has a fox channel.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I lasted less than 15min each on both CNN and FOX today, and most of that was the Press Conference so it had no one yammering on about it all. The cliff notes afterwards are best. I turned the TV off and went back online. Much better commentary and less noise.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't go back to watching any live news channel, even if they came free of charge. Fox News used to appeal to me, but after cutting the cable over a year ago, I find I don't miss it at all. There are plenty of free news websites, frequently updated, that work as well as live TV news. An added benefit is that I don't have to constantly hit the mute button to squelch all the annoying ads.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
FYI, I’m not buying a PlayStation Kimber1911, it’s a streaming service that goes by the same name. I may get to the point that I’m sick of FOX news, it’s not like I watch it regularly... but I do want an option to get information besides cnn for incidents exactly like today.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
DirecTV now has a streaming app option for $35 with 60 channels, including Fox News, as I understand it from a co-worker.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You say you cut the cord? Why? Are you saving any money paying for both cable internet and Playstation Vue?

I'm paying around $152 for internet and TV from Spectrum. If I cut the cord and go to a streaming service right now, I would be paying about the same or more for the tier of channels I would want. There's no advantage for me to cut the cord yet.

There is supposed to be a "no sports" streaming service in the works that I might be interested in but I don't know when or if it will ever actually be available or what the final channel line up would be. Supposedly it would only be about $20 a month.

http://cordcuttersnews.com/hat...ming-services-works/

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m doing a free trial of the PlayStation thing, I signed up for the cheapest plan just to get some channels that I couldn’t get otherwise. It’s like $35 I think, my internet is going to run $45. I’ve been paying $185 for tv, internet and fax line. I signed up with an e fax service so no more fax line. Oh, I’m trying out Netflix also at $10. Still a good chunk less imo. Between the Apple TV box, Roku, TiVo Bolt and over the air I think I’m set. Big Grin

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I had fox news withdrawals when I cut the cord. It goes away and I can see clearly now. Fox ain't what it was.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
So what are y’all watching for news, when the need arises?? Again, I’m no news junkie.