SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kill the white farmers!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kill the white farmers! Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Nothing to do with white land owners in SA, but in a similar vein.

A few years back a young woman bought a bike I had for sale. She was from Pretoria, and said it brought her to tears seeing how her homeland has been ruined. No desire to ever return, I guess she was a naturalized US citizen then, I didn't ask.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've often thought that it sure would be great if they could invent a pill for a woman to determine what sex baby she would have. Make it cheaply available, too, in fact give it away in the third world countries. For nearly all the Western countries boys and girls would be in all likelihood chosen equally. Not so much in the third world. Within one generation, problem solved.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5155 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
I was in Namibia for a 10 day plains game hunt back in 2006. One of my hosts was a charming lady well into her 80's (her cooking was absolutely out of this world! Klipspringer stew is an experience to behold) and she told some very interesting stories. I remember being astounded by the level of cruelty she had endured. She simply replied, "You must remember, you are in Africa."

Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Who's going to produce these fucking moron's food?

Sally Struthers

~CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Nothing to do with white land owners in SA, but in a similar vein.

A few years back a young woman bought a bike I had for sale. She was from Pretoria, and said it brought her to tears seeing how her homeland has been ruined. No desire to ever return, I guess she was a naturalized US citizen then, I didn't ask.

One of my seniors is also from Pretoria. Although she's never come out and said it, the undertones of our conversations at SA are exactly the same, and we've had a number over the three years I've taught her. I've talked to her mother too and gotten the same gist. They have no desire to return.

Similarly, I went to college with the son of a SA farmer. I got the sense he wasn't ever going back and his family was trying to cash out...and this was 15 years ago before the ANC became quite so virulent as it is today.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
In the "Empire of Dust" vid from page one there is a great moment at the end of the first hour where east meets Africa.

A Chinese manager is perturbed at the pace of work and wants a bin of gravel measured, the Chinese speaking African tells him they aren't ready to measure yet so the manager takes the tape measure himself.

He rolls the tape out and more perturbed says "This is crap, the tape's only one meter long'.
The African interpreter says, "it's made in China"
Chinese guy says, "How do you know?"
African points and says "It says 'made in China'."

One just doesn't know whether to laugh or cry or both at the same time.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
I've read stories like this off and on over the years. They always remind me of a piece one of my favorite bloggers (born and bred in SA before moving to the US) wrote in 2003 called "Let Africa Sink", where he argued that any further intervention by the west to try and fix Africa's problems is pointless. Although I sure wish I had the funds to airdrop these farmers some "care packages" loaded with FALs and plenty of 7.62.

Excerpted:
quote:
When it comes to any analysis of the problems facing Africa, Western society, and particularly people from the United States, encounter a logical disconnect that makes clear analysis impossible. That disconnect is the way life is regarded in the West (it's precious, must be protected at all costs etc.), compared to the way life, and death, are regarded in Africa. [...]

My favorite African story actually happened after I left the country. An American executive took a job over there, and on his very first day, the newspaper headlines read: "Three Headless Bodies Found".

The next day: "Three Heads Found".

The third day: "Heads Don't Match Bodies".

You can't make this stuff up.

As a result, death is treated more casually by Africans than by Westerners. I, and I suspect most Africans, am completely inured to reports of African suffering, for whatever cause. Drought causes crops to fail, thousands face starvation? Yup, that happened many times while I was growing up. Inter-tribal rivalry and warfare causes wholesale slaughter? Yep, been happening there for millennia, long before Whitey got there. Governments becoming rich and corrupt while their populations starved? Not more than nine or ten of those. In my lifetime, the following tragedies have occurred, causing untold millions of deaths: famine in Biafra, genocide in Rwanda, civil war in Angola, floods in South Africa, famine in Somalia, civil war in Sudan, famine in Ethiopia, floods in Mozambique, wholesale slaughter in Uganda, and tribal warfare in every single country. There are others, but you get the point.

Yes, all this was also true in Europe--maybe a thousand years ago. But not any more. And Europe doesn't teem with crocodiles, ultra-venomous snakes and so on.

The Dutch controlled the floods. All of Europe controls famine--it's non-existent now. Apart from a couple of examples of massive, state-sponsored slaughter (Nazi Germany, Communist Russia), Europe since 1700 doesn't even begin to compare to Africa today. Casual slaughter is another thing altogether--rare in Europe, common in Africa.

More to the point, the West has evolved into a society with a stable system of government, which follows the rule of law, and has respect for the rights and life of the individual--none of which is true in Africa.

Among old Africa hands, we have a saying, usually accompanied by a shrug: "Africa wins again." This is usually said after an incident such as:

a beloved missionary is butchered by his congregation, for no apparent reason

a tribal chief prefers to let his tribe starve to death rather than accepting food from the Red Cross (would mean he wasn't all-powerful, you see)

an entire nation starves to death, while its ruler accumulates wealth in foreign banks

a new government comes into power, promising democracy, free elections etc., provided that the freedom doesn't extend to the other tribe

the other tribe comes to power in a bloody coup, then promptly sets about slaughtering the first tribe

etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam, ad infinitum.

The prognosis is bleak, because none of this mayhem shows any sign of ending. The conclusions are equally bleak, because, quite frankly, there is no answer to Africa's problems, no solution that hasn't been tried before, and failed. [...]

It sounds dreadful to say it, but if the entire African continent dissolves into a seething maelstrom of disease, famine and brutality, that's just too damn bad. We have better things to do--sometimes, you just have to say, "Can't do anything about it."

The viciousness, the cruelty, the corruption, the duplicity, the savagery, and the incompetence is endemic to the entire continent, and is so much of an anathema to any right-thinking person that the civilized imagination simply stalls when faced with its ubiquity, and with the enormity of trying to fix it. The Western media shouldn't even bother reporting on it. All that does is arouse our feelings of horror, and the instinctive need to do something, anything--but everything has been tried before, and failed. Everything, of course, except self-reliance. [...]

Africa has to heal itself. The West can't help it. Nor should we. The record speaks for itself.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
My wife has been to refugee camps in Congo and Uganda several times. The tales she reluctantly tells would raise the hair and on any normal American and make Torquemada smile.

Black mambas in the shelters, witch doctors running things, animals carrying off children while mama sleeps, machetes, tribes inside the compounds facing off, rape parties by UN peacekeepers, Joseph Kone and the Lord's Republican Army heading their way causing a pell mell evacuation, RTFN. And all of this during what Africa calls stable times.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
In the news today,

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...at-kenyan-ranch.html

Kuki Gallmann, the Italian-born conservationist and author, is being treated for a gunshot wound at a Nairobi hospital after being attacked by herders at her ranch in Kenya.

Gallmann, 73, known for her bestselling book "I Dreamed of Africa," which became a movie by the same name starring Kim Basinger, was patrolling the property when she was shot in the stomach by herders who invaded her ranch in search of pasture to save their animals from drought, local police chief Ezekiel Chepkowny told the Associated Press.

Her driver also survived the attack and drove her to the airport in Laikipia, where she was airlifted to the capital, Nairobi, for further treatment, Chepkowny said.

Richard Constant, the deputy chairman of the Laikipia Farmers Association, said suspicion falls on herders from the Pokot community who have invaded Gallmann's ranch several times. Lodges belonging to Gallmann were burned by the herders last month.

This East African nation is facing a drought that has affected half the country and has been declared a national disaster.

Herders and large-scale farmers in parts of Kenya's Rift Valley have been desperately waiting for seasonal rains that were to start last month to ease the drought and conflicts over grazing land in which more than 30 people have died.

Kenya's military and police have been working to disarm and drive the hundreds of herders and their animals out of ranches they've invaded, but their actions appear to have escalated the violence. The Laikipia Farmers Association says when the military and police drive herders from one ranch they move into another.

The association's deputy chairman has accused politicians campaigning for the August elections of inciting the herders to invade the ranches, saying the owners' leases have come to an end and that herders can take over the land and distribute it among themselves.

"The LFA is conscious that a small handful of inciters are driving this violence and that they have deployed militias to cause mayhem in parts of Laikipia. For months these criminals have been rampaging around with their illegal weapons, destroying lives and livelihood," Laikipia Farmers Association chairman Martin Evans said.

The land invasions started late last year. British national and ranch owner Tristan Voorspuy was killed last month when he went to inspect damage done by the herders on one of his lodges.

Opposition leader and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga said ranch owners deserve protection under the law like all Kenyans.

"Unfortunately, we have watched in bewilderment as hooligans take advantage of the drought to subject these ranchers to unwarranted attacks," Odinga said. "Even more depressing is the apparent helplessness of the government that is clearly unable or unwilling to bring these attacks to a stop."

Many of the ranches, some of which double as wildlife conservancies, were acquired during the period of British colonial rule, some as early as 1900, according to a government report. Others were purchased after Kenya became independent in 1963.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S600MBUSA:

Africa has to heal itself. The West can't help it. Nor should we. The record speaks for itself.
[/QUOTE]

Not a thread drift, but I view many other countries in the same manner.

A local couple, neighbors,and friends went to Haiti a few years ago to help after the natural disaster. A lot of people went and helped. My neighbors should have stayed in the USA and contributed to natural disasters here, IMHO.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember the same thing happening in Rhodesia when I was a much younger man. 60's-'70's. Maybe before. I recall seeing photographs of White Farmers whose homes were surrounded by tall Barbed Wire fences and extreme lighting. Dogs ran between the fences and nearly everyone was armed against Machete wielding MauMau or Zulu.. I know it happened before it was Zimbabwe, maybe someone can flesh out the correct time frame. Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post