SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the group Opinion of a Jeep Compass?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the group Opinion of a Jeep Compass? Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Coming from a long time Jeep owner, my next Jeep will be something else. Jeep has abandoned its roots with everything except the Wrangler, and the new JL is a few steps down the wrong road.

The Compass is pretty much the poster child for everything that is wrong with Jeep.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you don’t have to like the new jl (for the record I bought a 2017 jkur recon last summer when I heard a new design was coming out) but Jeep is going to sell a shit ton of the new jl. It offers much of what first time jeep buyers would miss about their former passenger vehicle and nearly everything traditiinal jeep buyers loved about their jk’s. And that shit ton won’t even include the new jt that is coming at the end of the year or early next.

But I hear you....

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a friend at the local Jeep dealership. I had asked his opinion on the Jeep lineup. He said Wrangler and Grand Cherokee were the only ones with any quality. His suggestion was to avoid any others models.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides being particularly ugly by my perception they have often been pointed out to be somewhat unreliable.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Against the advice proffered, she apparently bought another jeep. I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know what model.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It is horrendous. Out of all of the rental cars I've driven in the last few years, it was one of the worst.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I came in here to dogpile, but it sounds like the choice has already been made. Good luck to her, whichever model she chose.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I could report she heeded the forum's advice, but she has always been a stubborn one. It was apparently "just so cute" that she decided to buy one anyway. I hope it is not too hard a lesson she learns, but I said my piece and was ignored. So...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I have a 2013 Patriot 4WD & it has been pretty reliable. I've put ~40K miles on it. The only major issue was a leaking sunroof, which was a common problem & was promptly repaired.

It's gone well in the heavy snows I've experiences. I've got no complaints.

As to the new Compass, I've got no experience.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I wish I could report she heeded the forum's advice, but she has always been a stubborn one. It was apparently "just so cute" that she decided to buy one anyway. I hope it is not too hard a lesson she learns, but I said my piece and was ignored. So...

I narrowly avoided the same, when my wife had her heart set on buying a FJ Cruiser because it was "so cute", despite some serious drawbacks. Luckily, reason prevailed at the last minute, and she ended up with a Subaru.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Jeep is "cute" but for my money ( for my wife) it would be a Subaru model...

Sorry for adding to the "dogpile"....

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Go find copies of Consumer Reports (local library, possibly). Read up on Jeep reliability. It's pretty much in the shitter.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe that nobody has said it yet ...

Just Empty Every Pocket

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like something my wife or her family would do. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:

I narrowly avoided the same, when my wife had her heart set on buying a FJ Cruiser because it was "so cute", despite some serious drawbacks. Luckily, reason prevailed at the last minute, and she ended up with a Subaru.

Considering FJ’s aren’t made anymore and people pay a significant premium for them I would say that was a bad choice Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Considering it was like driving a submarine, it wouldn't have survived long enough to resell it. Big Grin

Visibility out of the FJ was so poor, it was downright unsafe.

And that was just the most prominent of the various drawbacks.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Considering it was like driving a submarine, it wouldn't have survived long enough to resell it. Big Grin

Yes. The visibility was terrible....and for an off-road vehicle that was a killer.

Poor FJ. I once had hoped of reliving my youth and my 1976 cruiser. Oh well.....

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well that’s why you turn it into a convertible...duh Roll Eyes lol

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
All the drawbacks of the FJ... and now with more leaks. Sounds great! Big Grin

Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
We have a 2016 Jeep Compass and love it. No, it’s not like the Grand Cherokee we traded in, but for my wife and I, we have no issues.

It’s not going to win any 0-60 tests, but I’ve never felt like I was going to get run over when merging into traffic.

Plenty of head/leg room. I’m 6’2” and go about 250lbs, but I have plenty of leg and head room. Very, very comfortable.

I would not take it places I took my Jeep GC, but that’s okay. Had to use it in 4x4 a couple of times this winter and it handled the snow fine. Again, it’s not like the GC.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post