SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Go 'Stros!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Go Cards!

Flaherty going for the 'Birds tomorrow. Here's to hoping he can keep bringing the good stuff!

Go Cards!
I have tickets to the Monday game at Busch... if necessary!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lotta weird things can happen, but I'm thinking it's Dodgers vs. Astros in the WS. Dodgers take it in seven games. Go BLUE!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8755 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I'm with Pyker - GO Twins

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Rooting for the Braves. I love Acuna, but I think the rest of the team is one no-hustle play from giving him a Code Red.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

You’re clearly a man of impeccable taste, well-learned, and high culture.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
A lotta weird things can happen, but I'm thinking it's Dodgers vs. Astros in the WS. Dodgers take it in seven games. Go BLUE!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The Cardinals.

My two favorite teams are the White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs. This year it was an absolute delight to watch the Cards sweep the Cubs in a critical end-of-season 4-game series.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
As a die hard Padres fan, I always root for whomever is playing the Dodgers but with that, I do believe they are the team to beat and their championship to lose.

Wife bought me a subscription to MLB.com which allowed me to listen to all regular season games and listening to up to four games a day some times, the big blue were rocking the yards with the Yanks and Astros pulling up second and third in any average day. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Another close game right now between the Braves and Cardinals....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin Cash, mgr of the Rays, said they got "Verlander'd". They're gonna get Cole train'd tomorrow.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Martinez sucks.
And why intentionally walk with 2 outs!?!?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Martinez sucks.
And why intentionally walk with 2 outs!?!?

Yes, he is way too flighty to be a closer. Doesn’t have the right mindset. Don’t score more than 1 run in 2 games, Cards will be making plans for tee times soon.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Why are my Astros playing at every weird time slot? So far Friday at 1, Saturday at 8pm, Monday at noon?
We had the most wins at 107, representing the baseball loving State of Texas (huge market) yet I guess the Yankees can’t be troubled to play at less than prime time ever? Our fans who work don’t rate I guess and to finish a game we have to stay up to midnight. Damn coastal media!!

Go Stros!

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Why are my Astros playing at every weird time slot? So far Friday at 1, Saturday at 8pm, Monday at noon?
We had the most wins at 107, representing the baseball loving State of Texas (huge market) yet I guess the Yankees can’t be troubled to play at less than prime time ever? Our fans who work don’t rate I guess and to finish a game we have to stay up to midnight. Damn coastal media!!

Go Stros!

HK Ag

It’s all about the network ratings. Absolutely ridiculous.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

Go Stros!

HK Ag

Agreed
Though the Friday game worked for me as we had it playing in the breakroom & I had it streaming on my computer.
Last night was quite late, and a rough 8th & 9th.
Glad they had today off.

Go 'Stros!

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The series are going as I expected with the exception of the Cardinals and Braves...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
Yankees!
Fuggettaboutit. Razz Big Grin

Foist day beat the Twinkies. Den da Houstons.

The World Series will be very interesting. No prediction yet.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I think it will be Yankees-Dodgers for the ring.

I root for the Nats. Considering I felt they were an 81-81 team and are playing in the NLDS, I'm pleased, even though I expect them to be sitting it out after tomorrow. They went from 19-31 to 93-69, which tells me they are a team worth rooting for. Unlike the Redskins, who even if hell froze over, Dan Snyder wouldn't get a red cent from me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Another Cards/Braves nail biter. Let's go on to game 5 to decide it!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sloppy day for the 'Stros, started strong and unraveled from there.
Hopefully, a much better game 4.