SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Gerrit Cole will be pitching the biggest game of his career. We'll see if pitching on short rest affects him like it affected Verlander. Should be a great game.

Go Yanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's go Nats so the Cards get home field for the NL pennant.

Let's go Nats!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Gerrit Cole will be pitching the biggest game of his career. We'll see if pitching on short rest affects him like it affected Verlander. Should be a great game.

Go Yanks.

Fingers crossed that today off helps them out.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Well, mercifully that game is over, but with the exception of the first inning that was a 3 to 1 ballgame... Braves played well and just like I said at the start it could have gone either way.... 3 of the games were come from behind wins....

Let's go Nats so the Cards get home field for the NL pennant.
A ten run 1st in a game five is simply incredible. That's quite a hole to dig out of after only one inning in the books.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking the announcers should say the Dodger’s starting pitcher’s name at least three times, “Buehler,...Buehler,...Buehler, just pitched an outstanding inning.”

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Back-to-back jacks and Kershaw is relieved.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Come on Walgreens Nationals. Beat the Dodgers. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Come on Walgreens Nationals. Beat the Dodgers. Smile

Doesn’t matter which druggies are playing the Dodgers...

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Dodgers and Nats all.tied.at 3. Good game so far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The only chance the dodger's have at a championship is if the astro's loose tomorrow.
That is if they can get by the nats tonight.

I personally would love to see the cards and nats battle it out in the nlcs.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
You might get your wish.... Nats grand slam in the top.of the 10th.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Wow. Can’t believe the Dodgers intentionally walked the bases loaded. Doh!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well as a Giants loving Dodgers hater I don’t even care who wins the WS now. Lol. How do you choke so hard so much so many years in a row.

At this point I hope it’s the Rays and Nats World Series at the Trop. Walk up and buy tickets.

Posts: 4738 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Well as a Giants loving Dodgers hater I don’t even care who wins the WS now. Lol. How do you choke so hard so much so many years in a row.

At this point I hope it’s the Rays and Nats World Series at the Trop. Walk up and buy tickets.

WOOOO HOOOOO Dodgers loose again!!!

Kershaw just sucks in the post season Razz

Dodgers should have won it all and didn't Smile

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And just to up the irony factor, that hit was compliments Howie Kendrick, an ex-LA Dodger. Congrats Nats! Now if only the Rays could knock off the Stros. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howie Kendricks hit .379 against 2 seam fastballs for the season, which led the NL . Evidently the Dodgers didn’t get that memo ,serving up a middle in 2 seamer to Kendrick for the Grand Salami!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dodgers and Nats all.tied.at 3. Good game so far.

And of course I fell asleep in the ninth....

What an inproble year. From 19-31 to NLCS by winning play in game then beating the best team in baseball in extra innings in game five. Wow. Kinda makes up for the Redskins.

Let's go Nats!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The dodgers were clearly the best team in the NL & wow, they lost. The way they lost. Playing instinct over analytics, Dave Roberts is gonna get fired.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Cards fan I find the Nats scary. I was actually rooting for the Brewers in the WC playoff for just this reason.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, I did not expect to see the Nats with another comeback win when I woke up this morning!

I'm hoping for a great NLCS!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post