SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
As a Cards fan I find the Nats scary. I was actually rooting for the Brewers in the WC playoff for just this reason.

They've been free swinging and corking homeruns, but the Cards have some solid pitching. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the old saying "good pitching beats good hitting" will hold up.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
WOOOO HOOOOO Dodgers loose again!!!

Kershaw just sucks in the post season Razz

Dodgers should have won it all and didn't Smile

No one ever talks about this but he has to go down as one of the biggest chokers in the history of sports. The Cardinals always knocked the Dodgers out of the playoffs and moved on because they would hit him like it was batting practice. This was after a regular season of almost unhittable pitching.

You would think by now the Dodgers would have seen enough and not use him as the number one guy and especially don't bring him in on short rest.

By now it has to be in his head as he is one of the best pitchers in the history of baseball during the regular season.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You would think by now the Dodgers would have seen enough and not use him as the number one guy and especially don't bring him in on short rest.

I think your right about bringing him in on short rest. That's as much on the coach as it is on Kershaw.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Juan says, Bryce who?

I wonder how Bryce's off-season workout routine is going right about now?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
The dodgers were clearly the best team in the NL & wow, they lost. The way they lost. Playing instinct over analytics, Dave Roberts is gonna get fired.

Yes, the Dodgers won more games in the NL than anyone else but that doesn’t mean they’re the best team. The Dodgers were in a weaker division. Just look at how many games back the other teams in their division were when the season was over.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Way to go Walgreen’s, what a win to wake up to!

Would love to see an Astros - Cardinals WS, a rematch of the old school NL Central battles!
With no Pujols the Astros Killer.

Downside will be the game will be at 1pm every day since the media considers us flyover country.

Go Stros!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
WOOOO HOOOOO Dodgers loose again!!!

Kershaw just sucks in the post season Razz

Dodgers should have won it all and didn't Smile

No one ever talks about this but he has to go down as one of the biggest chokers in the history of sports. The Cardinals always knocked the Dodgers out of the playoffs and moved on because they would hit him like it was batting practice. This was after a regular season of almost unhittable pitching.

By now it has to be in his head as he is one of the best pitchers in the history of baseball during the regular season.

QB's and Pitchers wear losses, it's what they signed up for as they get credit for the wins too. But as a pitcher, your job is to hit the spot called by the catcher with the pitch called. On the Rendon HR, the catcher called a pitch down and in below the zone, that's exactly where Kershaw put it....Rendon did a great job going down and getting the barrel on it. Period. Sometimes the pitcher wins and sometimes the hitter wins. This was not a choke pitch, he hit the spot....kudos to Rendon on a clutch piece of hitting.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The Soto pitch was a freaking meatball though Razz And as an Astros fan that is hoping to see them win tonight and eventually make it to the WS, I am glad to see the Doddgers start their off season early Smile

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave Martinez deserves a lot of credit for guiding this Nats group. He is a disciple of Joe Madden and was the bench coach with Joe with the Rays and the Cubs.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a diehard Nats fan. And I went to bed thinking the Nats did not have a chance. I think the Dodgers's manager overthought Kershaw and figured the Nats would shit the bed like they did last time. The difference, Kershaw was not who he was the last time he did it to the Nats.

I think the Nats CAN beat the Cardinals, and the Nats got the monkey off their back in terms of winning an NLDS game 5 so they're playing with house money. That stated, winning 4 against the uber-experienced Cardinals is a longshot.

If the Nats somehow go the WS, I think the Yankhees or Astros (if they win game 5) will pound them, perhaps sweeping them. The Nats basts are too streaky and flounder against top pitching. Turner and Eaton (lead off and 2-hole), two of my favorite, went 0-fer last night. And, of course, the Nats bullpen is oh so weak.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

And of course I fell asleep in the ninth....

What an inproble year. From 19-31 to NLCS by winning play in game then beating the best team in baseball in extra innings in game five. Wow. Kinda makes up for the Redskins.

Let's go Nats!

I'm with you, brother! Most of the season I called the Nats an 81-81 team. I keep expecting them to lose, and then they go and do something like last night.

I stayed up and watched the whole thing.

Then woke up a 5:30am. I'll probably be a dragging puppy later today.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Cards fan here, though I haven't made a game all year. Maybe now that the tickets are ridiculously priced, my schedule will miraculously clear...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Cards fan here, though I haven't made a game all year. Maybe now that the tickets are ridiculously priced, my schedule will miraculously clear...

The Monday game 4 was a truly awesome game. I had 4 tickets.
When they announced that it would be played at 2 pm on a Monday, the people who were going with my wife and I were unable to go. They weren't the only ones who couldn't make a day game on a Monday. The value of my tickets plummeted.
The point is, if you are flexible, you can often get tickets, even playoff tickets, cheap at the last minute. Tickets were available for less than face value. Keep an eye on Craigslist.

Of course, coming from Memphis you might not have that kind of flexibility. Razz

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

I think your right about bringing him in on short rest. That's as much on the coach as it is on Kershaw.

It’s not only about bringing him back on short rest. It’s about bringing starters out of the bullpen. Did you pitch your way through the regular season and into the playoffs by doing that?

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I'm a diehard Nats fan. And I went to bed thinking the Nats did not have a chance. I think the Dodgers's manager overthought Kershaw and figured the Nats would shit the bed like they did last time. The difference, Kershaw was not who he was the last time he did it to the Nats.

I think the Nats CAN beat the Cardinals, and the Nats got the monkey off their back in terms of winning an NLDS game 5 so they're playing with house money. That stated, winning 4 against the uber-experienced Cardinals is a longshot.

If the Nats somehow go the WS, I think the Yankhees or Astros (if they win game 5) will pound them, perhaps sweeping them. The Nats basts are too streaky and flounder against top pitching. Turner and Eaton (lead off and 2-hole), two of my favorite, went 0-fer last night. And, of course, the Nats bullpen is oh so weak.

Sooo, you're a diehard Nats fan. And you went to bed...???
Me thinks you way overestimate your commitment to the team here! Seriously, real 'diehard fans' will stay up, period, doesn't matter, 15 or 16 innings, whatever comes! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:

Sooo, you're a diehard Nats fan. And you went to bed...???
Me thinks you way overestimate your commitment to the team here! Seriously, real 'diehard fans' will stay up, period, doesn't matter, 15 or 16 innings, whatever comes! Wink

Fair enough. It was also the end of Yom Kippur and I was pretty spent. And after getting gut-checked for the last three game-5 losses, I just did not want to go through it again. Clearly, the Nats luck changed when I skipped the deciding game. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Well, at least it all worked out! Wink

And now, with the Dodgers out of it, the NLCS should be a GREAT series! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Since I really don't have a favorite team to root for, guess I'm left rooting for the semi-home team... Go Rays!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dodgers, for sending us Yordan, and bringing in Kershaw in relief. Verlander is a horse, and thought he was ready. NO excuses, Tampa can hit. And Diego Castillo can bring it.
Go Astros!!

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the team that may benefit the most is the (damn) Yankees sweeping and will be entirely rested. All 3 other teams, including Astros or Rays, will be a bit physically and mentally gassed going into the 7-game NLCS/ALCS.