SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Spotted this before Game 6, but I didn't post it because I'm superstitious and think somehow by posting a pic I could affect the outcome of a game 2,000mi away in which I'm not even playing. Makes total sense, I know.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
And now the post-season crapfest begins.

One day after the nation's capitol held a parade and thousands turned out to cheer and thank the team, two notices made sour notes:

Sean Doolittle declined the offer to attend the White House ceremony. He could have just said, "No thanks, I have to re-arrange my sock drawer," but he had to make it political.

And Stephen Strasburg has opted out of his contract with four years remaining to test the free agent market.

(I can't say I blame Stras, and I hope he chooses to remain, but for the World Series MVP to throw cold water on the day was just a bit of a wake-up call).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Sean Doolittle declined the offer to attend the White House ceremony. He could have just said, "No thanks, I have to re-arrange my sock drawer," but he had to make it political.

And Stephen Strasburg has opted out of his contract with four years remaining to test the free agent market.
Yep, Doolittle was pretty much the final straw with me. Between the behavior of the owners of the Nat's, the fans who booed a president at the World Series, and now players disrespecting tradition and injecting politics where they do not belong, I have no use whatsoever for this team.

And Stras jumping ship is no huge surprise given the regular and post season he's had. That's nothing more than a financial decision, one most any of us would make. And as for timing of his announcement, at least he didn't pull a Garret Cole who in the locker room after game 7 ditched his Houston hat for a hat with his agents logo on it. When asked right after the game, Cole told everyone there he was not an employee of the Astros. Kinda classless from my point of view given he could have waited at least 24 hours before pulling that crap. But that's unfortunately where we are today as a society.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys know that Doolittle has been a leftist since well before he got signed by the Nats, and will be long after his career is over. Because of this well before we had any chance of getting into the WS let alone the White House trip he's been asked what would happen if he had the opportunity. I am not going to condemn the team for some dude that isn't even a home grown product.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll play baseball for the Army or fight for it, whatever they want me to do>"

Mickey Mantle in 1951 on whether he would be drafted by the Army. Different times.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Trump is knocking it out of the park at the WS celebration. He's either a Nats fan or has great research team, and excellent memory. He's a funny guy. Listening to it on radio, wish I was near a TV.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Do Kurt Suzuki and Ryan Zimmerman make up for Doolittle?

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It was classy, funny and well done.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Do Kurt Suzuki and Ryan Zimmerman make up for Doolittle?

dooshnozzle can suck it back in his beloved California. Hudson has his spot now Smile

hearing the Presidents Own play 'baby shark' was a bit . . . strange. Great to see Martinez and Rizzo there, and the guys. What a great team. Proud of them.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^Skip to 27:30 for the quick speech by Ryan Zimmerman. Well done.

I don't think the media covered this hardly at all, but they sure put the booing and "lock him up" stuff on primetime, didn't they?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
What the Nationals had to do to protect their pitches from the Astros considering what everyone is finding out about the Astros. Impressive!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/...tter_impression=true

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post