SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good game last night!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Urquidi made a great start yesterday, relievers not so much.
They gave up one run total, and that was largely due to an infield hit off the pitcher's leg. Tough crowd!

Just meant that he set the bar pretty high with the start. James didn't seem up to his usual effort.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The latest word from Nats Park is that Max Scherzer has been scratched from the lineup for Game 5. In his place will be Joe Ross, a former starter who spent time on the IR and saw some bullpen work earlier. He pitched two clean innings in Game 3.

This doesn't bode well for the Nats, since Gerrit Cole is starting for the Astros, and he's not likely to have the same poor outing he did in Game 1.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Homerun ball or two fresh beers - which is your priority?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’m getting tired of games turning into home run derbys.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
This is our team, keep it up boys!

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

That was amusing! Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Guys behind home holding up a 'Veterans for Impeachment' sign...

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Springer Dinger!

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
All you Walgreens Expos fans can change your avatars back now. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be something if the home team didn’t win for the series?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

That was amusing! Big Grin

Wife said Bud light needs to make a commercial out of it. Big Grin

Unfortunately probably the most entertaining part of the game.

Not having Max really hurts and Ross filling in for him was salt in the wound.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Now let's hope the home team can win for a change.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
As a Nats fan, I found the whole thing disappointing. And now all the "lock him up" chant nonsense. The Lerner family started it with making the first pitch political and 'requesting' Trump not to ask to sit with them.

Then fans were stupid, and the entire stadium, Lerner included, were upstaged by the Astro's owner who just stepped in to say hi and shake hands.

It was not good for the nats nor was it good for baseball.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
As a Nats fan, I found the whole thing disappointing. And now all the "lock him up" chant nonsense. The Lerner family started it with making the first pitch political and 'requesting' Trump not to ask to sit with them.

Then fans were stupid, and the entire stadium, Lerner included, were upstaged by the Astro's owner who just stepped in to say hi and shake hands.

Trump should fly down to Houston and throw out the 1st pitch at game 6, I can guarantee you he would do so to loud applause. That would be awesome!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't rooting against the Nats but now I am.

I do think it's funny how they were talking about a sweep and now they're down 3-2.

Go Astros!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was awesome hearing the crowd go silent with Springer’s home run last night after what that crowd did earlier.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had to pickup last night's game in the 5th so I didn't see any of this. Anyone have a video link they could provide?

Never mind, I found it. What a tasteless/classless act at a baseball game. Leave your damn politics outside and celebrate the game. Just wow!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Before last night, I was utterly indifferent as to who might win the series, but now, I am a Houston Astros fan all the way and I hope they STOMP THE EVER-LOVIN' SHIT OUT OF THE NATIONALS.

FUCK
the Nationals and FUCK their fans. Tomorrow night, boys and girls. I'll be tuning in. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

The Washington Nationals and their DISGUSTING fans are on my permanent shit list. Whichever team they are playing at a given time, I am a fan of that team and I'll taunt these assholes whenever I get the chance. That's never going to change, for as long as I live.

I was elated to see the Nationals choke last night in front of their disgusting fans and I'm looking forward to seeing them doing some more gagging tomorrow night.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Try living here with them Frown

What you saw last night is epitome of the rich, entitled liberal that populates northern Virginia

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Before last night, I was utterly indifferent as to who might win the series, but now, I am a Houston Astros fan all the way and I hope they STOMP THE EVER-LOVIN' SHIT OUT OF THE NATIONALS.

FUCK
the Nationals and FUCK their fans. Tomorrow night, boys and girls. I'll be tuning in. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

The Washington Nationals and their DISGUSTING fans are on my permanent shit list. Whichever team they are playing at a given time, I am a fan of that team and I'll taunt these assholes whenever I get the chance. That's never going to change, for as long as I live.

I was elated to see the Nationals choke last night in front of their disgusting fans and I'm looking forward to seeing them doing some more gagging tomorrow night.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post