SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just had 3 trees fall on my house and smash in part of my roof...what's my next step?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had 3 trees fall on my house and smash in part of my roof...what's my next step? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to show this to about a dozen people in the neighborhood.
all of them have 80 y.o. oaks, walnuts and maples towering over their homes.

not one of them has trimmed or maintained them in the least.

these trees ar 75-95 feet tall, and 20 feet from the homes

That's why I took down several large oak trees, all at least 80 y.o. oaks, and all less than 20 feet from the house.

All 3 were beautiful trees, but one was found to be hollow at the core, near the base. It would have fallen on the house if I didn't take it down first.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
neighbors around me lost a few, but we were spared (at least as far as I could see into the back yard early this morning)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
Get your valuables and sentimental items if you can. Make sure your family is safe. After that, as mentioned call your carrier. If you don't mind, who is your insurance through? I may be able to give you a rundown/advice of what to expect.

Thanks Matt. I use Farmers

I'm knee deep in work and water myself after the surge came through here in Charleston. I'll check in later tonight with some advice.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post