SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shapiro on Bill Mahr show tonight (6/29)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shapiro on Bill Mahr show tonight (6/29) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nope. Bill Mahr will never be on in my house

I'm with you. He a jagoff.
Same here. I can't stand the sight of Mahr, let alone his voice and stupid liberal ideology.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here, Waterbury.
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
There is a saying to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I watch Bill’s shows because there are some excellent guests that support us that show up and hold their own. I’m not going to ignore my enemies, I want to know what they are doing, saying, etc.

I appreciate what you're saying, Pref, but Mahr has already shown his hand, and I already know Mahr is my sworn enemy and I already know I want to punch him in the throat, so I really don't need to hear him bloviate and blather on with his unfunny "humor" to know he is my enemy. He is among the Libtarded crowd, to include Samantha Bee, Conan O'Brien, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Baher, Kathy Griffen, et. al., (ALL unfunny has-beens and have lost the concept of 'comedy') that needs a sock stuffed down his throat with extreme prejudice.

Yeah. I'm not exactly the poster child for "tolerance"...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Maher is Colbert’s brother

Posts: 13238 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Couldn't watch the whole thing. Shapiro sounds like a duck on speed. And no realization on his part that Trump is what stood between our country and totalitarianism. Little twit.

Yesterday I watched a Youtube discussion between Peterson and Eric Weinstein, in which Weinstein made a good and important point: that it is important to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with those who are on your side. Maybe you disagree with them about something, in which case you mention it privately. But your public stance is shoulder-to-shoulder for the sake of united strength.

Shapiro needs to learn this.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here, Waterbury.
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
There is a saying to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I watch Bill’s shows because there are some excellent guests that support us that show up and hold their own. I’m not going to ignore my enemies, I want to know what they are doing, saying, etc.

I appreciate what you're saying, Pref, but Mahr has already shown his hand, and I already know Mahr is my sworn enemy and I already know I want to punch him in the throat, so I really don't need to hear him bloviate and blather on with his unfunny "humor" to know he is my enemy. He is among the Libtarded crowd, to include Samantha Bee, Conan O'Brien, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Baher, Kathy Griffen, et. al., (ALL unfunny has-beens and have lost the concept of 'comedy') that needs a sock stuffed down his throat with extreme prejudice.

Yeah. I'm not exactly the poster child for "tolerance"...

I understand.

The rest of the show was quite entertaining as all the libs admitted their party are a bunch pussies, and they don’t show up to the voter booths. Over and over they talked about how Trump is winning and they are gettting their asses kicked and the Dems don’t stand up and fight because they are pussies. Quite enjoyable. The Colonel on this show was exceptionally good. He kep serving shit sandwiches and he was dead on. Bill was on about Russia, the hacking, etc, pissed that Donald was meeting with Putin. The Colonel said basically, look mother fucker, between our two countries we have the bulk of nuclear weapons on the planet. We need to talk, be cordial, as to not start another Cold War and risk nuclear tension. I have a lot of respect for the Colonel, he worked with or for Colin Powell and cited American and Military history schooling the lot of them. That’s why I watch, for stuff like this.

I don’t let politics work me up to some feverish pitch. My opinion, for me is that I always need to listen to both sides, even if one side of that is something I vehemently disagree with. To me that is part of being a citizen. I have friends on both sides of the isle and refuse to live in any sort of bubble. My friends will get into it with me, get irrational, emotional, and I will remain calm, blow their mind that I know what Bill said about X, or what Rachael Maddow said about Y. That always blows their hair back as they think all of us are in a bubble, nope, sorry. I can speak to it, and I don’t lose my mind about it. That mentality has helped. The libs I know have calmed down about the 2A and a few of them have purchased a single firearm for protection. And I’ve almost got a few ready for ccw licenses.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Fighting the good fight. Thank you.

Ben did well, as expected. He showed he's not a sycophant, but rather willing to call balls and strikes as he sees them. I don't recall if he got into it on Mahr's show, but he's likely the most well known public figure currently repeatedly advocating the concept and importance of living a virtuous life. His career and influence are going to be interesting to watch.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Justjoe, You are right. For all his smarts Ben never realized his never trump stance is part of why the GOP sucks so bad, it has way too many assholes who take their ball and go home when their Goldilocks candidate drops out.

Ben isn’t as smart as people think he is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Did Shapiro really say he wouldn't vote for Trump in 2020? Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ben calls himself a “sometimes-Trumper”. Given that he left Breitbart because of their support for Trump, I give him credit for praising Trump when Trump does something right (more and more often these days).
So I listen to Ben, even though his voice and tachyglossia are very annoying.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

I didn't hear that. I think what you're talking about was when he said he would vote for him over Kamala Harris (or presumably any other D) because he feels like whatever damage Trump might do to the social fabric has already been done. He said in so many words that not voting for him in 2020 would be pointless. That may be what caught your ear.

He also pointed out that Trump has governed a lot more conservatively than he expected, which he's happy about.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did he? I thought he said he would vote for him. Or maybe he said he would vote for him over Kamala Harris. In any case I did hear him admit and say that Trump has been much more conservative than he would've ever imagined. In any case, I was under the impression that he would vote for him next time.

Ben still was extremely hesitant to go on record and say much of anything positive about Trump if he could help it. Or I should say, he wouldn't go out of his way to defend him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

OK I went back an re-watched w/ the CC enabled.
He said he wouldn't mitigate against the damage (he alleges) by not voting for him in 2020.
Sounded like he said he wouldn't vote in 2020 for him but that was not the case.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ben still was extremely hesitant to go on record and say much of anything positive about Trump if you could help it. Or I should say, he wouldn't go out of his way to defend him.

I listen to his podcast everyday, and hear plenty of positive about Trump. (Edit: as well as negative)

For me, his value as a public commentator/intellectual doesn't boil down to how close to 100% he supports the president. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. If someone has 2 good observations/ideas and 1 bad one, that doesn't mean the 2 good ones become bad.