SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shapiro on Bill Mahr show tonight (6/29)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shapiro on Bill Mahr show tonight (6/29) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Just found out this is happening. Not sure if he'll be the featured guest, getting a 1v1, or just part of the "panel." Michael Moore is scheduled to be on as well. Could be some fireworks.

Edit: Shapiro says he will be the one interviewed, but won't be on the panel because he has to leave for Shabbat.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Cool, but it'll be your standard Bill Mahr talk over and scheduled laughs to make Ben look as bad as possible.

Shapiro's intellect far outclasses Mahr's.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Mahr was pretty decent in his recent interview of Colion Noir. Maybe there's hope. Also, Ben will have no trouble sticking up for himself; recall when Piers Morgan interviewed him.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Shapio is intellectually head and shoulders above Mahr and Moore.

I would love to see them talk in an open forum, but no doubt Mahr will control the setting to make sure the Progs win the day.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me it's just window dressing, "Oh look we are starting a dialogue, but not really doing much".

Colion Noir would eat Bill and that panel for lunch if it was an actual debate with rules, but the deck is always stacked against with the only intent "oh see, the left IS open minded" while giving the leftist mob all the glares and manufactured applause.

Shapiro would make Bill look like the blathering idiot he was is an open debate. Which is actual dialogue looks like.

And no, Ben is in no danger going on the show, but it's only window dressing.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Mahr was pretty decent in his recent interview of Colion Noir.
The difference in the two is like night and day.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I won't be watching. Again, I don't want to punch my TV thinking I'm punching that bloviating imbecile Mahr in the throat. I'll just wait for the recap here, which is pretty much the source for ALL my news.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mahr was pretty decent in his recent interview of Colion Noir. Maybe there's hope. Also, Ben will have no trouble sticking up for himself; recall when Piers Morgan interviewed him.

Turn off the voice track and watch how Noir was photographed.

It was shades of Willy Horton.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Turn off the voice track and watch how Noir was photographed.

It was shades of Willy Horton.

Can you provide a time frame in the video that illustrates this?

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I won't be watching. Again, I don't want to punch my TV thinking I'm punching that bloviating imbecile Mahr in the throat. I'll just wait for the recap here, which is pretty much the source for ALL my news.

You might consider tuning in, regardless, for the simple reason that if a conservative generates ratings, all the more likely they'll get more time in front of more eyes in the future, thus the opportunity to change more minds. Tuning in doesn't mean you have to watch.

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You might consider tuning in, regardless, for the simple reason that if a conservative generates ratings, all the more likely they'll get more time in front of more eyes in the future, thus the opportunity to change more minds. Tuning in doesn't mean you have to watch.

OK, I have what's probably a stupid question: How do they know?

Unless you're a "Nielson Household", how do they know what you're watching?

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

I've often wondered this exact thing.

Also if you wait for it to hit YouTube you guarantee the view count is tabulated.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

I don't know for a fact that they collect the data, but I'm almost 100% certain that at least HBO and/or your provider knows whats on your TV at all times. Nielson ratings might still be the accepted standard, but I can't imagine they don't avail themselves of the data at their disposal.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nope. Bill Mahr will never be on in my house

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro talks so fast, how does anyone talk over him?

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
O'le Ben thinks the Hughes amendment is "Reasonable".... I'm not a fan of his.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nope. Bill Mahr will never be on in my house

I'm with you. He a jagoff.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
There is a saying to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I watch Bill’s shows because there are some excellent guests that support us that show up and hold their own. I’m not going to ignore my enemies, I want to know what they are doing, saying, etc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It was quickly posted to youtube and I'm watching it now.

ETA: just finished all 11 minutes of it. I think Al Capone's vault had a more substantive meeting.
Bill Maher just wanted to get an agreement from Ben that Ben is alright with impeaching Trump.

I actually do not blame Ben for trying to distance himself from Trump and not be a Trump defender. His agreement to impeachment was qualified but the audience lapped it up as a win.

There was a good point made that Trump has been more hostile to Russia in action than Obama. Russia annexed crymea under Obama while 200 Russian soldiers were killed under Trump. Bill just brushed that aside and Ben let him go.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ben did fine, he knows that to talk to Bill you have to keep talked even when interrupted.