SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MLB's Bruce Maxwell, who knelt during anthem, is arrested on gun charge
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MLB's Bruce Maxwell, who knelt during anthem, is arrested on gun charge Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted
Oh the irony...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...d-on-gun-charge.html

Bruce Maxwell, the only Major League Baseball player to kneel during the national anthem this season, has been arrested on a gun charge.

The Oakland Athletics catcher allegedly pointed a gun at a female food delivery person in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Scottsdale police said officers went to Maxwell's home Saturday night after getting a call about a person with a gun. Maxwell was booked on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct.

Police said Maxwell was held in custody pending an initial appearance.

TMZ Sports first reported the arrest.

Maxwell, 26, hit .237 with three home runs and 22 RBIs in 76 games this season. He was projected to be Oakland's starting catcher next year.

Last week, Maxwell claimed during a visit to his hometown of Huntsville, Ala., that he was refused service at a restaurant because of his protest. But a waiter told Fox News that Maxwell was “outright lying,” about what happened.

“I didn’t even know who Bruce Maxwell was,” waiter Matt Henry said.

Fox News' Hollie McKay and the Associated Press contributed to this story.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
No doubt the "female delivery person" complained about having a gun pointed at her because Maxwell is black, or because he knelt for the National Anthem, or both. And no doubt he was arrested for the same reason(s).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Gee, I am so surprised!

Not really, just more BS from over indulged and over rated assholes who should leave this country and try living elsewhere.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

What a loser.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Wait for the conspiracy theories to come.

He was picked on, b/c he kneeled. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Over rated? He hit .237 with 22 rbi's!

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Gee, I am so surprised!

Not really, just more BS from over indulged and over rated assholes who should leave this country and try living elsewhere.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The stupid is strong with this one....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Over rated? He hit .237 with 22 rbi's!

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Gee, I am so surprised!

Think you're missing Elk's point. All of these pro sports players are overrated, regardless of whether they are good at what they do.

Definition of overrated: have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved: If they weren't any good at Foosball, stick ball, or some other kids game, they would be absolutely irrelevant. Sure, they have a talent, but it's practical application in the real world is near zero.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Arizona prison baseball league just got themselves a primo catcher...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Ya can't make this shit up, can ya

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's OK, he'll get to do a lotta catching in prison.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
It's OK, he'll get to do a lotta catching in prison.

With a big catcher's mitt with the sweet spot pocket built in Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

He has the kind of face it's hard to hit just once.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thug will be thug.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear this! Ag assault with a gun...that’s a felony folks, with a gun spec! In most states that’s mandatory jail time unless he is able to plea it down....let’s hope he gets time.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ole Bruce did the management of the Oakland A'small a huge favor. Now they don't have to find a way to lose his ass in the minors over his kneeling BS. And for the record, I've watched him play and he isn't anything special. There are a dozen minor league catchers in 'competitive' organizations waiting their turn for the show. Bruce is so stupid he wrecked his one and likely only shot.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Just another tool by the Man to keep a brother down!

And how do you get to the point that you point a gun at a girl delivering food?
Did he think paying = robbery? Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't get too exvited. I've personally charged this twice this year and it was dismissed both times because the victim couldn't be bothered to show up for court.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post