SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flight Delay Information - Air Traffic Control System Command Center
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flight Delay Information - Air Traffic Control System Command Center Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Found this looking for something else. I have bookmarked it for future reference and thought it worth sharing.

https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I just bookmarked this as well. Not a bad resource for those of us who fly often.
Thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this for quite a while, and haven't found it to be terribly accurate - or useful. YMMV

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
There's an app I use all the time on my iPhone called Airport Delay. It gives the current average flow-time delay for any US airport you select. The FAA will impose a ground stop or EDC (called "edict time") to keep aircraft from taking off towards an airport having problems with capacity. That's what this app will show. It won't show your delay in departing from an airport, only your delay in departing to an airport. And it won't show the specific delay your flight has been given, only the average delays for all flights.

As an airline captain I find this app to be useful. Frequently I can get a heads-up on what's happening with flow delays much sooner and more accurately than from ATC or dispatch.

Airport Delay on iTunes store

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
There's an app I use all the time on my iPhone called Airport Delay. It gives the current average flow-time delay for any US airport you select. The FAA will impose a ground stop or EDC (called "edict time") to keep aircraft from taking off towards an airport having problems with capacity. That's what this app will show. It won't show your delay in departing from an airport, only your delay in departing to an airport. And it won't show the specific delay your flight has been given, only the average delays for all flights.

As an airline captain I find this app to be useful. Frequently I can get a heads-up on what's happening with flow delays much sooner and more accurately than from ATC or dispatch.

Airport Delay on iTunes store

FYI dispatch is typically more up to date with EDCT due to your company playing a key role in how large or small your delay is. If your flight has a lot of intl connections on board, it will typically get little or no edct delay. On the other hand, you are in an RJ going from IAD to EWR (and EWR is in a GDP), you can bet that you'll be taking a big delay so that H/B777 from DEN does not. The companies will wheel and deal witht the EDCT's as need be. I'll have a guy sitting in the block witha 22 min EDCT and then it gets pushed back to 97 min. It also goes the other way sometimes.

Posts: 1295 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Yes, the "pulse" of the F double A. I was a TMC for four years and "negotiatied" with those folks daily. Sometimes they truly helped, others times they just caused s complete effn mess.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post