SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good gun safe co in Raleigh NC area?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good gun safe co in Raleigh NC area? Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
Hi all

Relo-ing to NC this Summer for work.

Are there some good safe companies to check out?

I can only find the Liberty dealer in Wendell - that will likely be enough but always like to have some options.

Thanks!

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You already know about Perry's, but I'll just say that is a great family run store. I bought my safe from them and was very pleased. I work about 3 blocks down the street from them. I just wish I had more money to spend in their store.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
There is Taltons http://taltonsafes.com/

I think Mace Sports sells safes. They are about 30 min from Raleigh

Bass Pro and Cabelas also have safes

I purchased mine from Perry's when they had a sale.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SJS
posted Hide Post
Bought my Liberty from Perry’s. Great service and price.

SJS

Posts: 682 | Location: NC | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talton's has the biggest selection in the area of mostly Liberty safes. And they are the mover's for some other shops that sell safes. Ed's Gun Shop near Southern Pines has an awesome selection, but its a 50-60 mile haul.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I went this route:
https://www.snapsafe.com/modular-safes/

Delivered on a pallet to your door.
Then you assemble it yourself.
It's great if you find yourself moving a lot.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Bought mine from Taltons in 2003, I couldn't say enough nice things about them. I caught mine at a sale(Liberty safe)

I know Perrys in Wendell and they too are fantastic to deal with.

You can't go wrong with either..

I'm going to be moving after the school year is over and I'm thinking of selling my safe with the house. I will be in the market when I get to Texas soon.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post