SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California May Tax Text Messages
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California May Tax Text Messages Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Next is a masturbation tax because you’re cheating a hooker out of earning $10 for a hand job.

$10 bucks huh I didn't know that....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness for FB Messenger. For now Razz

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s a uh, “low ball” estimate. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
So FB gives HJs for $10??? Confused

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
So FB gives HJs for $10??? Confused

I think they charge $15.00 Wink

If this tax passes, just Message people. Or am I missing something?

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Absurd, of course. It will never happen.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I can just see a Dad when he gets his monthly phone bill for the whole family which happens to include 3 teenage daughters.

His tax could run into the thousands per month!!

Can you say revolt?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This is why Europeans use WhatsApp for texting. And now that's getting dicey because of the new GDPR law. Don't think it won't happen here. CA has their own version of GDPR coming soon too.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next is a masturbation tax because you’re cheating a hooker out of earning $10 for a hand job.

DAMN! Who does this for $10? That’s cheaper than drinks and an appetizer.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they were $10, I'd never get anything done.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
This is a fantastic idea that deserves our support. The coveted millennial voting block would be in open rebellion against the Dems Within minutes.

No, the market would react and a non-text, nontaxable medium would take over within a short time.

Technically an Apple blue "text" isn't even a text message as it's not SMS and goes over the data network, not cellular network. Would that be taxed too?

"Nontaxable"?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not anything too extreme or that hard to track. (hahaha)

Back in the 80s/90s, California tried to tax the satellites that were passing over the state or in orbit above it. They tried to use the rules that apply to trucks or train cars passing through.

When up and down the courts and finally was shut down.

Wonder if texting someone would give you nexus and now have to file taxes in CA????

Posts: 186 | Location: The Lovely State of Illinois | Registered: November 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping this passes !!!

This TAX was made for a place like CA !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This would be so incredibly easy to avoid.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
How very progressive of them. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only reason God hasn't made this sorry of a state fall into the Pacific is because there are still good people left in there. But, my brothers, the time of harvest of the tares and the wheat is coming

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I can't stop laughing at the foolishness.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
What would the "poor" care? They still got their Obama phones and we are paying for those, as we always have and always will.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Sacramento needs a huge enema. I fucking hate these POS Commie cock gobblers!

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll start a business to text CA residents nonstop from out of state to give the government a tax bump.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post